Going to London!

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Parašė ch1le
    @John, thanks for replying but, are you able to meet me than?

TIme is running out
    I'll possibly have some free time, you've got blimey's number so we might arrange something. I'll write you a pm.

Comment

Parašė Quack
      You'll discover a new world of fish&chips
      That's funny. I've been to so many different restaurants of national cuisines in London but I haven't tried fish&chips yet (and I'm not planning to do this anytime in the near future) . But yeah surely you can discover cuisines from all around the world which is only one of a million great things about London

Comment

Parašė ch1le
        fine Lets elaborate more on this

El_Greco, are you able to meet me somewhere
        Yeah sure.Im free from monday to friday.PM

Comment

ch1le loves hot & spicy food, so I'm sure he'll be quite happy with the culinary offerings in London.

John, I have never had fish & chips, either.

ch1le, once again: have a GREAT time, and I hope people will have some time to show you around!
          Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Whose Homepage
            ch1le loves hot & spicy food, so I'm sure he'll be quite happy with the culinary offerings in London.

John, I have never had fish & chips, either.
            I don't want to offend Brits in any way but why have fish&chips when you can have crispy duck, pork with steamed rice or endless variety of incredibly delicious soups!

Comment

/oh yes. Im planning to make CHinatown my second home... i will eat sooo much there!
              Yes, i have prepared well, couple of hundred pounds for food!

Comment

Have a nice trip ch1le and I hope that Mr. John will kick your ass until you'll admit that skyline of Vilnius is better than of Tallinn.

Comment

/ hat would need alot more torture than some mere ass Kicking

Comment

Parašė ch1le
                    / hat would need alot more torture than some mere ass Kicking
                    Ok then, I hope that John will torture you with his asian movies.

Comment

/ you call that Torture?! Btw that crane there is around 140m tall!

Comment

Parašė ch1le
                        /oh yes. Im planning to make CHinatown my second home... i will eat sooo much there!
                        Yes, i have prepared well, couple of hundred pounds for food!
                        don't forget, ch1le: Indian & Pakistani food can also be QUITE hot! I think in Chinese food Szechuan is the spiciest.

Impressive Tallinn skyline photo up there btw ... thanks!
                        Originally Posted by

Comment

John, I can't believe you have lived here this long and not had fish and chips!!! It's sublime, though I admit not as nice as Indian food. Ch1le, if you like Spicy food then you will want to make Brick Lane your third home...though really we are spoilt for choice, I admit - I don't live in a particularly fashionable or commercial area, but within a short distance of my house are loads of good restaurants and loads of choice especially as far as Indian food is concerned [Even the immortal fish and chips must cede the title of British national dish to curry!]. Chinatown is also nice but maybe a bit touristy and so you have to be careful [In my opinion though Korean food is much nicer than Chinese food, apart from Crispy duck which is, of course, the king of all dishes]. Mmm, all this talk of food has made me really hungry but now I have to go to bed!

Ch1le, this isn't your first time in London, is it?

Comment

Svajokli,
                            I don't like fish so I usually don't eat anything what contains it. Perhaps that's the reason why I don't eat fish and chips.

That also might be the reason why I'm not fascinated with Japanese cuisine too. Chinese and Korean does it for me!

Comment

@Svajoklis, no it isnt But the last time i was there was 10 years ago So i dont remember almost anything

Off to the airport now!

Thanks everyone for the greets and good wishes!
                              Ill supply you with a ton of pics as i get back!

Comment

John, you & I are clearly of divergent minds as far as fish is concerned. I just ADORE sushi! *** ** Meaning that among my top favorites are Japanese restaurants.

ch1le, I just KNOW you'll have a FABULOUS time!

Please say HI to all the guys you meet, and I can hardly wait for your report once you get back.

***** Japanese sushi = raw fish with sticky rice, sometimes wrapped into sea weed. YUMMMM!!!
                                Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Whose Homepage
                                  don't forget, ch1le: Indian & Pakistani food can also be QUITE hot! I think in Chinese food Szechuan is the spiciest.
                                  I would strongly recommend Tai cuisine. IMHO the Tai cuisine is one of the best in London and certainly is much better than any Chinese, Indian or Pakistani.

Comment

Parašė John
                                    Svajokli,
                                    I don't like fish so I usually don't eat anything what contains it. Perhaps that's the reason why I don't eat fish and chips.

That also might be the reason why I'm not fascinated with Japanese cuisine too. Chinese and Korean does it for me!
                                    John, please try cooked over open flame Trout. I bet you will change your mind about fish. To my embarrassment I never tried Fish and Chip. Probably I will try when will be next time in London.

Comment

Fish and chips? Well, I tried it when I was in London.. And I didn't like it, maybe because I like spicier food. And I think it really depends on place where you eat it

Crispy duck and sweet & sour chicken.. The best memories from London

Comment

Parašė Burzhuin
                                        John, please try cooked over coals Trout. I bet you will change your mind about fish. To my embarrassment I never tried Fish and Chip. Probably I will try when will be next time in London.
                                        I just don't like fish and even if sometimes I eat something containing fish I'm not really enthusiastic about it. I don't think it's possible to change it, I didn't like fish since I was a child.

Comment

I'm with John here. Fish is evil
                                          Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Working...
                                          X