Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

I'm coming to Vilnius!!!!

Hi, folks!

Thanks to my long time contact with friends from Lithuania, I've decided to come and visit your beautiful capital that is so familiar to me from countless photos and descriptions.

It will be a short visit, but I figure it's better than not coming at all.

I'll arrive on Wednesday June 30 & leave on July 2nd. I've booked a room at the Scandic Neringa Hotel on Gedimino Prospect. Is that an OK place? Is it at a good location? Would you recommend another hotel?

If it is possible I sure would like to meet some of you! I know Mantaz is gone; I suspect Vaidas and Jay-M and their parents have gone off to Switzerland; Ozelis was planning a huge adventure, and maybe John is off to Turkey already?

Please let me know whether I can get to see you.
    Originally Posted by

WOW what a surprise! Are you really going to do that?! WH, I'm so happy to hear this!!

I'm sure some of us will surely meet you, right from Wednesday I'll have entire free week so it will definitely be a nice time

that's a wonderful news from you!

Comment

oh and about the hotels, I'm really not an expert here because I've never stayed to any hotel in Vilnius (naturally), but if you would like to stay right in the old town I think Radisson SAS would be a good idea since it's just next to the old town-hall in the very heart of the old town, possibly more expensive than Scandic though

anyway Scandic is in a very good location as well, 5-7 minutes walk on Gediminas Avenue to the Cathedral Square

Comment

Great news WH! Hope you'll enjoy Vilnius. It's a pitty that 30 of june is last day before I go to my trip and I will not have much time, but I'll try my best to say Hi to our favorite member

And about that hotel. I stayed at Scandic chain hotels in other cities and they were just great so it should be the same here or even better

Comment

Whoa, what a surprise, pity that I can't come, but have a good time there
          Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Damn. I would have been able to turn up had you come around a month later It wouldve been nice meeting you.

Is the date of your arrival final and confirmed or is there a slight chance that itll change?

Anyways, hope you guys have fun
            You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome, gents!

I realize it's vacation time and people are gone (or about to be gone). I just had to take that risk. Yes, my travel dates are firm--no way to change that, blitz.

I'll give the Radisson a thought or two--thanks for the suggestion.

I am lucky to have good and convenient internet connection here, and I'll be in touch again.
                Originally Posted by

Comment

Are you coming by plane? If not then be ready for at least 12 hours of riding bumpy roads in Poland .

About the hotels: I think that both Scandic and Radisson SAS are really good decisions though Radisson SAS is very fancy one. And probably more expensive.

Comment

Have a nice time!

Comment

No, I won't be driving, singing tram!

And, having taken a look at the Radisson rates, I think I'll stick with Scandic. I'd rather use some of the money I 'save' by not staying at the Radisson to buy you guys a glass of beer or two!

Will you be around, singing tram? Jeffas? buozgalvis? John, glad to hear you won't be out of town.
                      Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Whose Homepage
                        Will you be around, singing tram? Jeffas? buozgalvis? John, glad to hear you won't be out of town.

I'm going to be in Vilnius . Can't wait for the intercontinental meet-up!

Comment

we should arrange where and when exactly we should meet then

Can't wait

Comment

Intercontinental meet-up, that sounds great! :banana:

My plane arrives at 16:55 in the afternoon. Cocktail hour!
                            Originally Posted by

Comment

today I went to take some shots in the city center and I passed the Scandic hotel, so here's how it looks like in real life and the second pic perhaps lets to have an idea how far it is from the old town (you may see Cathedral bell tower, that's whee the old town actually starts)

it's located in the yet unreconstructed part of Gediminas Av. but the trees which stood there for decades have been chopped and reconstruction works are starting in July

Comment

Aciu, Jonai!

That was very sweet of you. I had actually seen a small pic of the hotel, but having you put it in context is just great.

Right now I'm very happy that Greece won the soccer game!

@ Darius: thanks for wishing me a good time! I hope we will be able to meet.

@ Ozelis: a pity indeed! I do hope we will be able to catch at least a glimpse of each other.
                                Originally Posted by

Comment

Oh great news WH, I'm happy that you are coming tay pay a visit I don't have anything special planned this week so I'll be glad to meet you and you know show the city around 'n' stuff

Comment

Hi, boogy!

That's wonderful news, I'm just delighted. John is in charge of setting up our first 'date' , 7pm next Wednesday at the outdoor cafe right next to my hotel. I look forward to getting to meet you.
                                    Originally Posted by

Comment

Ok so it's arranged - 7pm (19:00) Wednesday(Treciadienis), Your Hotel is not far from my home, I can get there on foot it should take about 20-30 minutes to get there and don't forget to bring an umbrella

Comment

Parašė boogy
                                        ... and don't forget to bring an umbrella

don't be a bad prophet

btw the weather now is rather ok, it's not even raining!

Comment

Working...
                                        X