International tender for Concert hall in Riga - renderings

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

International tender for Concert hall in Riga - renderings

There were carefully selected 11 architects who could propose draft designs for Accoustic Concerthall in Riga, on narrow peninsula in front of Old Riga. When looking from Old Riga, Concert hall would be in front of the showroom of modern architecture - Kipsala and Kliversala highrise districts. THis building would be extremely important part of architecture showroom called "Riga".

Today tender ended, winner has been selected - Latvian "Silis, Zabers & Klava"!

Renderings of entries from www.a4d.lv:

"Udensroze" (Waterlily) by Behnish Arhictekts (Germany):

"Sound profile" by "Arhitektonika" (Latvia):

"Kur mūzika savijas ar pilsētu" by Vents Didrihsons (Latvia):

"Kulturas vertikale" by Z4 / Standardsituation / B+G Ingenieure (Latvia, Germany)

"KVJH/Latvian songbird" by CoopHimmelb(l)au (Austria)

"Grand Veranda" by Arhis (Latvia)

"Fenikss" by Snohetta (Norway)

"ABD.LV" by "Sarma&Norde" (Latvia)

"351348" by Kada Wittfeld Architektur (Germany)

Second prize - "Keynote" by Henning Larsens Tegnestue (Denmark)

And the winner is... "Lineamentum" by Silis, Zabers & Klava (Latvia)!

All amazing projects Gatis , I hope they got it right by picking Lineamentum, these sort of projects are either an instatn success or a failure... Lookin at the last picture I see Riga has a perfect place for future highrises and hopefuly the new concert hall is going to frame it beutifuly.

I hope there will be a concer hall project like this in Vilnius, by the Neris curve next to Vilniaus Vartai .

Comment

Don't know if I like the winner... It would be nice to see some bigger renderings...
      Apart from that, many impressive suggestions.

By the way, in the other thread you mentioned €30M for the winning project... Do you know the predicted construcion costs for the other ones? Some of them look really complicated and way more expensive (i.e. KVJH/Latvian songbird or 351348)...

Comment

Many of the projects do look much more expensive than the winner, and yes the Latvian songbird and 351348 did cach my eye as the most amazing looking.

Comment

KVJH/Latvian songbird would be a winner if I had to chose
          Kaip po dykumą blaškiausi

Comment

I myself can't really understand how look proposals in reality. Unfortunately I can't grasp the winner as well - looks very unconventional but not impressive. Can't really understand work of Ventis Didrihsons either.
            My own favourites would be:
            "Sound profile" by Arhitektonika. A bit old school, some resemblance to Sydney, but looks somehow well and in place.

Songbird looks too aggressive for me. If such building would be built among highrises in Kipsala - I would be very happy. But in front of Old City - not balanced IMHO.

ABD.LV - somehow I like it as well. May be smth like this could be constructed at some other waterfront.

But the winner... better wait for better renderings. Would like to see - how it looks from the Old City. Seems, something very interesting.

Comment

More pictures of winner!!! All I can say - jury did the right thing!!!
              View from Vantis bridge (higher than Vantis bridge)

From Hansabanka

From Daugava river

Interiors

And the sweetest for our gang - architects have hard worked to include all the approved and planned projects of Kipsala and Kliversala in the background. Now you can start feeling what our main highrise district will look like

Comment

Parašė vytauc
                KVJH/Latvian songbird would be a winner if I had to chose
                I agree with Vytauc. Great project. Reminds me Santiago Calatrava (my favorite architect).

Comment

BTW, the Nationa Library building reminds Chichen Itza looking from this angle
                  Kaip po dykumą blaškiausi

Comment

From close up it looks abit like at train, although the inside looks very glam. But the best view must be seeing it with all the other highrises in front of Dauguva !

Comment

The winner is weird, maybe it'll look better in reality but I don't like it from renderings. My favourite ones are: KVJH/Latvian songbird and 351348. Though 351348 doesn't look very original.
                      Anyway, any project out of these would look great in that "island" - really very good place for such exceptional object.

Comment

Good of you to come up with all the new renderings of the winning project, Gati -- thanks!

Upon first seeing it in the lineup of entries, I thought it looked like a small pile of coal but the additional material shows it better, and it makes more sense.

That was an impressive array of entries! I liked some of them quite a bit, but since we now have a winner I won't dwell on the individual designs except to say that I was surprised to see that one of my least favorite architectural firms -- Behnisch in this case -- actually came up with a proposal I could actually have lived with.
                        Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Llinass
                          I agree with Vytauc. Great project. Reminds me Santiago Calatrava (my favorite architect).
                          I would vote for songbird too because it looks like Calatrava has been working with it, but, however, Lineamentum won because the architects are latvians
                          But Calatrava is just a god
                          You might surprise yourself.

Miestai.net FB

Comment

but, however, Lineamentum won because the architects are latvians
                            No. Jury was international and the projects were nicknamed, nobody knew who designed what. Most members of jury were surprised that this project is from SZK - it is not characteristic for their style.

Comment

No. As I look at songbird, I don't like it. It's like a Britney Spears is for popmusic

Comment

Parašė Gatis
                                No. Jury was international and the projects were nicknamed, nobody knew who designed what. Most members of jury were surprised that this project is from SZK - it is not characteristic for their style.
                                Coruption coruption and another one time coruption.

O dabar lietuviškai: Netikiu visiškai skaidriu konkursu kad ir ką berašytų spauda tai prasilenkia su tikrove labai smarkiai. Pinigai valdo, o niekeno t.y. valstybės visada miglotais būdais pasisavinami.

Comment

Parašė Gatis
                                  No. As I look at songbird, I don't like it. It's like a Britney Spears is for popmusic
                                  Originally Posted by

Comment

@Llinass - why do you think that it is corruption? Selected project really is better, there is not needed corruption to select it among others.

Comment

Parašė Gatis
                                      I may be wrong but that was just my opinion and i believe that you know more than i about this project
                                      You might surprise yourself.

Miestai.net FB

Comment

I still don't quite get the winning project, but all of them are highly impressive! This should be an interesting landmark for Riga.

Comment

Working...
                                        X