Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Parašė Whose Homepage
    Indeed it was, Mantai!

In fact, I still have a case of Sierra Nevada in the basement, along with a case of Pilsner Urquell.

But now that Dramblys and Varlamas & Burzhuin have all come up with their nifty ideas on how I might get hold of some Lithuanian beer, I'll surely make the effort to give it a try! No need to wait to get back to Lithuania.
    I have the email address of the company-importer. It will not do you any good because my requests for the information are still unanswered.

Comment

Lol, we might as well rename this thread and call it "Where to get Lithuanian beer in the US" Certainly an investment opportunity worth considering.

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time getting responses to your emails, Barzhuin.

But I was actually going to follow up on Varlarmas' suggestion to hit up a Trader Joe's. I just need to convince my husband to take me there.
      Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Whose Homepage
        Lol, we might as well rename this thread and call it "Where to get Lithuanian beer in the US" Certainly an investment opportunity worth considering.

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time getting responses to your emails, Barzhuin.

But I was actually going to follow up on Varlarmas' suggestion to hit up a Trader Joe's. I just need to convince my husband to take me there.
        Тo convince а husband?!!! You must be joking! Since when it became a problem for a wife?

Comment

Well, he has his priorities, and I have mine; they don't necessarily overlap.
          Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Whose Homepage
            Well, he has his priorities, and I have mine; they don't necessarily overlap.
            You are an Angel! According to combine experience of ALL my friends there are wife's priorities and wrong (read husband's) priorities.

Comment

Well, Burzhuin: as several forumers here will testify, I *am* an angel.

As is sometimes the case, this afternoon I gave in to my husband's priorities by accompanying him on a car trip to various destinations ("ride shotgun" he calls it). In the process I managed to realize one of my own priorities: we went to Trader Joe's, the place Varlamas recommended as a source of Lithuanian beer. To my great disappointment, that branch didn't have any!
              Originally Posted by

Comment

WH, Sweetheart, ride shotgun to your local Whole Foods:

Whole Foods Market
                3000 Telegraph Ave.
                Berkeley, CA 94705
                510.649.1474 fax
                Store hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.

Their locations in Chicago started carrying Svyturys and Utenos awhile back.
                I guess its worth a try.

Comment

O wow, Dramblys, THANKSSS! I'll surely check that out. I could even walk to the place, but it would be hard to carry back the sixpacks. So I'll wait until the shotgun opportunity arises.

Because I couldn't find the LT beer I consoled myself with a sixpack of Blue Heron Pale Ale from the Mendocino Brewing Company.
                  Originally Posted by

Comment

Working...
                  X