Investment opportunities in Lithuania

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Investment opportunities in Lithuania

Dear members of this forum. I have to apologize for not being able to write Lithuanian. I hope nobody will be angry if I use English. I am gathering information for a group of investors about investment opportunity in Vilnius. There are a lot of questions unanswered, and one of them is about ability for foreigner to buy real estate in Lithuania. I am probably in the wrong forum, so I would appreciate very much if you can address me to the proper one. Scanning these forums gives me so much excitment and real joy. I am so glad that Lithuania is developing rapidly. Good for you, guys!

Parašė Burzhuin
    Dear members of this forum. I have to apologize for not being able to write Lithuanian. I hope nobody will be angry if I use English. I am gathering information for a group of investors about investment opportunity in Vilnius. There are a lot of questions unanswered, and one of them is about ability for foreigner to buy real estate in Lithuania. I am probably in the wrong forum, so I would appreciate very much if you can address me to the proper one. Scanning these forums gives me so much excitment and real joy. I am so glad that Lithuania is developing rapidly. Food for you, guys!
    Hi,
    no worries, you're in a right place

I have no much idea about how the process of real estate ownership for a foreigner works but I'm pretty sure it's no much different than if you were Lithuanian national (at least if you're an EU national). You can take a look here at Lithuanian Development Agency's website: http://www.lda.lt/invest.bic.realestate.html
    If you want detailed information perhaps you should email them.

Comment

Parašė Burzhuin
      Food for you, guys!

Thanks for your food I hope you will feed our growing Lithuania

Comment

Parašė John
        Hi,
        no worries, you're in a right place

I have no much idea about how the process of real estate ownership for a foreigner works but I'm pretty sure it's no much different than if you were Lithuanian national (at least if you're an EU national). You can take a look here at Lithuanian Development Agency's website: http://www.lda.lt/invest.bic.realestate.html
        If you want detailed information perhaps you should email them.
        Dear John, thank you very much for your response and a link. You wrote about EU national. I know there is no problem for EU countries citizens to purchase real estate in Lithuania. However neither me, neither my fellow investors belong to this category. We are Americans or Canadians. I will try to contact Lithuanian Development Agency. But I have rather negative experience working with bureaucrats. What the hell, it is worth to try.

Comment

Parašė Bizkit-D
          Thanks for your food I hope you will feed our growing Lithuania
          I do apologize for a typo. I ment: Good for you, guys! Sorry one more time. Is there any way I can edit my messages? Thanks.

Comment

Don't take it too Seriously. We know what you wanted to say

Comment

Parašė Burzhuin
              Is there any way I can edit my messages? Thanks.
              Yes. You can do that by pressing the button "Taisyti"

Comment

You know guys, you are great. I am a dead serious about it. Some times ago I visited Visaginas forums and tried to write English there. You probably know the direction I was recommended to go. Thank you for your pation and cooperation.

I was very imressed by Forums Admin who updated my profile and I got English interfaceof the forums. Dear Vaidas, thank you for your advice. I do appreciate it.

Comment

Parašė Burzhuin
                  Dear John, thank you very much for your response and a link. You wrote about EU national. I know there is no problem for EU countries citizens to purchase real estate in Lithuania. However neither me, neither my fellow investors belong to this category. We are Americans or Canadians. I will try to contact Lithuanian Development Agency. But I have rather negative experience working with bureaucrats. What the hell, it worth to try.
                  I think LDA should be quite positive when it comes to dealing with them. After all LDA was established in order to improve Lithuania's image abroad so it's in their interest to provide decent info for those interested. Also regarding Canadian and US nationals I think rules of owning property shouldn't be anyhow strict or very different for EU or Lithuanian nationals. But try contact8ing LDA, I'm pretty sure they'll be glad to help you.

Comment

Parašė John
                    I think LDA should be quite positive when it comes to dealing with them. After all LDA was established in order to improve Lithuania's image abroad so it's in their interest to provide decent info for those interested. Also regarding Canadian and US nationals I think rules of owning property shouldn't be anyhow strict or very different for EU or Lithuanian nationals. But try contact8ing LDA, I'm pretty sure they'll be glad to help you.
                    Thank you John. You are a lot of help. Of course I will try. At this moment I am looking toward evening with Utenos beer, Polish sausages and Latvian bread. It is 1:40 PM (13:40) now. There is only 2 hours and 20 minutes left before long weekend. This comming Monday is a Holiday (President Day). We will have three days off.

Comment

Burzhuin, it would be interesting to hear from you why have you chosen Vilnius? Or maybe it`s not only Vilnius were you are planning to invest?
                      Vilnius? Kaunas?? Klaipėda!!!

Comment

Dear ArTuRAs, I am gathering information for my presentation for our group of investors. My two fellow-investors with Checz and Polish background are preparing similar presentation. The goal is to convince our fellow investors to invest in Polish or Checz economies. I am convinced that Lithuania is the country to invest. I used to live in Lithuania. My wife's and my relatives still live there. I think this is pretty good reason to promote Lithuania. Do not you think so? Of course I would never suggest to invest in Lithuania if did not expect good return on my investment.

Comment

I am NOT considering ONLY Vilnius. If other cities offer good opportunity to invest I will analyze them as closely as ones from Vilnius. As at this moment Vilnius is the fastest developing city in Lithuania according EU comission reports. I am planning to visit Lithuania during this summer for several weeks. I hope it gives me opportunity to see myself before risking my and my fellow-investors money.

Comment

It think we would all be glad to help you with this
                            I`m just interested, what kind of investments will it be? Stock, real estate, some kind of bigger projects?
                            Vilnius? Kaunas?? Klaipėda!!!

Comment

Hey, Burzhuin!

I had noticed your name as the latest forumer to join and thought the name was a bit unusual. Now I understand why!

I wish you good luck in your quest and with your investments.

I've visited Lithuania myself, but only for a brief few days that I spent in Vilnius. My impressions on all fronts were extremely favorable, and the Lithuanians I've met are just wonderful, delightful people.

And where do you manage to get Utenas beer? In a while I'll have a Pilsner Urquell myself. Cheers!
                              Originally Posted by

Comment

My fellow-investors and me are interested in real estate. Unfortunately my endeavors to collect some information about Lithuanian stock market were not successful. During my visit I am planning to learn about the stock market. I am not going to turn down any LEGAL opportunity to make money. I am not so rich to play with the Government in Hide and Seek. I hope you know what I mean.

Comment

Parašė Whose Homepage
                                  Hey, Burzhuin!

And where do you manage to get Utenas beer? In a while I'll have a Pilsner Urquell myself. Cheers!
                                  Hello to you too. I am not sure the Gold State has a network of licker stores names KAPPY'S. Massachusetts has it. Next time I stop by at the store I will ask for information. The rest is up to you.

Comment

@ WH: Trader Joe's in Northern California sells EKSTRA: a Lithuanian beer made by Švyturys — I highly recommend it!

Comment

Aciu, Valarmai!
                                      Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Varlamas
                                        @ WH: Trader Joe's in Northern California sells EKSTRA: a Lithuanian beer made by Švyturys — I highly recommend it!
                                        Utenos! Utenos!! Utenos!!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X