Going to London!

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Parašė Whose Homepage
    John, you & I are clearly of divergent minds as far as fish is concerned. I just ADORE sushi! *** ** Meaning that among my top favorites are Japanese restaurants.

ch1le, I just KNOW you'll have a FABULOUS time!

Please say HI to all the guys you meet, and I can hardly wait for your report once you get back.

***** Japanese sushi = raw fish with sticky rice, sometimes wrapped into sea weed. YUMMMM!!!
    I don't get what's so special about Sushi? It doesn't look exciting to me at all. In fact I think Japanese cuisine is inferior when it comes to comparision with Chinese or Korean. Japanese managed to export and promote it overses which is the reason why it's so popular, however Korean cuisine is definitely richer and more exciting (not even talking about Chinese which hardly has got any rivals on the worldwide scale)

Comment

I liked almost all the food I bought at the food stands in the Camden Town market. Lamb curry was especialy good. Chinese food in London Chinatown was very good as well. Cornish Pasty with lamb and mint is just superb!!!
      Well I'm not enthusiastic about Fish&Chips too
      Kaip po dykumą blaškiausi

Comment

I used to go to Fish and Chips on my way back from college back in the old days. I have to admit i only went there because all my friends went there. I thought the food was very bad.
        You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Comment

I agree with John about Sushi. However Japanese steaks are superb. I would not say that Japanese cuisine is superior or inferior. I think there is some staff in every cuisine worth trying.

Comment

Toro (fatty tuna) is the best sashimi in the world! Worth paying extra to taste a bit of heaven: I highly recommend it. I also agree with Burzhuin that every cuisine is worth trying. I love making americans taste šaltibarščiai for example. They're terrified of the toxic looking color but tend to ask for seconds once they taste this traditional lithuanian soup.

Comment

Yay, Varlamai! Another sushi fan!

I think we are particularly lucky as far as Asian cuisines are concerned, being here at the Pacific Rim. Excellent Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai ... restaurants, and many to choose from. A super nice Japanese place with great sushi opened up not far from us a while ago. And yes: fatty tuna is great!!! We also go wild over uni.

Having shopped for fruit & vegetables with Varlamas, folks, I can say that he takes cooking seriously and knows what he is doing!
              Originally Posted by

Comment

I used to be a fan of sushi, but then I ate some dodgy stuff and I think it suffices to say that I haven't been able to go near the stuff again. I hope Ch1le has fun in London, but I can't see that he's going to have much fun if he's all on his own

Comment

That's why I'm a great believer in meeting fellow forumers wherever I go. And I do hope he'll see all of you Londoners!
                  Originally Posted by

Comment

Well both John and Blimey are going to be working, and he didn't seem to want to meet anyone else!

Comment

Jonai ir Blitz tikiuosi išaiškinsite jaunajam estukui kodėl Vilnius yra geriau už Tallinna daugelyje aspektų, taip pat, kad Lietuva tokia pat aukštų technologijų šalis kaip ir Estija

Mano Flickr nuotraukos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezziukas/sets/

--------------------------------------------------

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

Eziukas, this is English language forum, so please write in English

Comment

Parašė John
                          Eziukas, this is English language forum, so please write in English
                          Actually it's a multilanguage forum, not only English
                          Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Harsh
                            Vilnius? Kaunas?? Klaipėda!!!

Comment

Parašė Mantaz
                              Actually it's a multilanguage forum, not only English
                              Oh yeah, and Soviet union was a multinational union of independent republics

Comment

John your really russianphobical guy What is the link between multilanguege talks here on this forum and Soviet union ? or you write this in wrong thread ?

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

Parašė Ežiukas
                                  John your really russianphobical guy What is the link between multilanguege talks here on this forum and Soviet union ? or you write this in wrong thread ?
                                  I just draw a paralell between such claims which even though have nothing in common but are about as much true
                                  My point is that despite, according to Mantaz's, this is a "multilingual forum", in fact it's an English-language sub-forum because noone ever did (and perhaps never will) discuss issues in any other language than English (well, maybe Lithuanian since most of the forumers here are Lithuanians anyway).

Comment

And about mine word in lithuanian well they were:

John and BlitzI hope you will explane to the young estonian why is Vilnius better in many aspects then Tallinn, also, that Lithuania is also in the same level of high - tech like Estonia.

Comment

Parašė John
                                      I just draw a paralell between such claims which even though have nothing in common but are about as much true
                                      My point is that despite, according to Mantaz's, this is a "multilingual forum", in fact it's an English-language sub-forum because noone ever did (and perhaps never will) discuss issues in any other language than English (well, maybe Lithuanian since most of the forumers here are Lithuanians anyway).
                                      So what? This section is for communication with foreigners, but hello, it's not said that this forum is for English only

Btw, go and eat fish
                                      Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Parašė ch1le
                                        @WH

And thanks, im sure i will Cant wait to give LOndon a try with my camera, not to mention eat like hell ( i love eating ), and ofcourse, the vibrancy the multiculturism etc Oh i just cant wait!
                                        OK folks, I admit I enjoyed and participated with glee in some of these diversions. But let's get back to reality rather than arguing about this language here or there, this cuisine vs. that, fish vs. no fish, Paris vs. London type stuff.

I am hoping that ch1le is digging London and having himself a GREAT TIME!

Needless to say, I can hardly wait for him to get back home so that I can see his photos!

Edit:
                                        And then he'll also be able to give us another update on the Tornimäe Twins project!
                                        Originally Posted by

Comment

WH, I think the arguments were light-hearted.

Comment

Working...
                                          X