Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

So why was I banned?

And why was John banned?

It seems we can't get a clear, consistent reason from SCity. One day it's one story, the next day it's another as threads get deleted and the tale spins on.

John and I were both banned on the same day, January 11, seemingly at the same hour, and quite conceivably by the same hand.

Now that a month has gone by let us examine things calmly and rationally and seek to put them into context.

MYTH No.1: she refused to apologize

On January 10, after he had become aware of the contents of the SSC actualijos thread here at Miestai, I received the following PM from Detritus:

Parašė Detritus
    Despictable creature
    Thank you VERY much. I couldn't expect anything else from you, that's highly respectful and educated from you.

You know what I'm refering to, don't you?

A bon entendeur, salut....
    This didn't sound like the pained outcry of a wounded soul to me at all and hardly an invitation to apologize. I answered

Parašė Whose Homepage
    Two questions:

- Why bother to mention it if you expected it?

- Does the above PM of yours constitute a warning? If so, I would appreciate confirmation. I would like to remind you, however, that people are granted full freedom of speech at the locus of my utterances, and that said locus is beyond your jurisdiction. This would obviously render any warning by SSC authorities invalid.

One statement:

You yourself managed to destroy whatever respect and good will I once had for you, so don't complain. You reap what you sow.

An admonition:

It's really time for you to quit worrying about my level of education. It's none of your business in the first place, and it has served me perfectly well throughout my life, thank you very much.

And a request:

Would you kindly change your custom user title. You probably think that uneducated people like I don't understand it, but it is gross and in bad taste, not the least bit amusing. Anglophobe was likewise offensive. You are supposed to be a role model instead of lowering yourself to the level of the coarsest forumers.
    I was banned within hours of sending that PM, and so was John.

A couple of points in explanation: A bon entendeur means "a word to the wise." Hence my inquiry about a possible warning. Also, Detritus had "Mi perforar el culo" or sth as his user title at the time I wrote the note.

So much for the "refusal" story.

MYTH No.2: she received numerous warnings

There were constant allusions to warnings that were supposedly sent to me in great numbers by several mods/admins that I purportedly chose to ignore in threads that have been deleted.

As I said in post #27 of the SSC and SSP issues thread, I received no warnings. Once SHiRO got a bit mad at me "you're not being helpful at all" in the SSC thread where he had proposed closure of the S&B Skybar -- it may have been in the companion thread where he suggested the institution of a photo forum -- and I promptly shut up. And then there was the "A bon entendeur" from Detritus.

That's absolutely all. There simply were no warnings.

After reading reference after reference to all those warnings I had supposedly received and ignored, I asked through an SCity admin whether those warnings could be reproduced. I didn't receive an answer ... not the guy's fault, though. After all, they are phantom warnings -- they don't exist.

So much for the "warnings" story.

OK, this is enough for one session. I'm going to take a break.

To be continued ...
    Originally Posted by

We are with you
    Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

WH ether way if they unban you will you came back ?

Mano Flickr nuotraukos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezziukas/sets/

--------------------------------------------------

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

WH, whome was that sentance by gothicform in your signature addressed for?
        Kaip po dykumą blaškiausi

Comment

@Ezukias: I don't think so.

@vytauc: I can't remember precisely to whom gothicform directed those tender words. You see the Italians were celebrating that they had won a Rome vs. London or Italy vs. UK contest, some in loud jubilation . So gothicform, sufficiently irked and provoked, finally deigned to pay a personal visit to the Italian forum and left this sort of loving greeting. This quote is only the cherry on top of the ice cream. He poured insults on an entire nation in (an)other post(s?) on that occasion. What a class act.
          Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Whose Homepage
            @Ezukias: I don't think so.
            Then it is a BIG lost in SSC for those common users in S&B and other sections.

Mano Flickr nuotraukos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezziukas/sets/

--------------------------------------------------

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

Well, as you can see, some people are downright delirious to have seen the last of me. I'm sure this factor was weighed very carefully by the gentlemen over @ SCity.

You're very sweet.
              Originally Posted by

Comment

You put everything very nicely and clearly, WH. My appreciation

Comment

Aciu, Jonai!
                  Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Ežiukas
                    Then it is a BIG lost in SSC for those common users in S&B and other sections.

...some users of Russian section miss you too, WH.

Comment

Thank you, Siberian! That's a sweet Valentine's Day greeting.
                      Originally Posted by

Comment

Dramblys

Hi WH! Glad to find you on the MIESTAI boards!
                        SSC has become so dull nowadays. I wasn't following it for awhile and then was shocked to see that you, John, and Edd were banned.

Glad to see that you've found a new home.

Comment

Comment

Hey, Dramblys!

I've been here for almost two years now. I noticed with pleasure the other day that you registered here, and I sent you a PM. If you forgot your password, ask Manaz -- I'm sure he'll ease you right back in if he can.
                            Originally Posted by

Comment

Thanks for the PM, WH! I sent you one as well. Wow I feel the love already. So much nicer than at SSC.

Comment

Parašė Neregistruotas
                                SSC has become so dull nowadays. I wasn't following it for awhile and then was shocked to see that you, John, and Edd were banned.
                                Edd sacrificed himself, and so did pablonis, who is also banned there.
                                Originally Posted by

Comment

Working...
                                X