The Birthday Thread :)

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Aciu, Eddai!

You are the second person to give me flowers: my husband brought me some orchids when he got back from work a while ago.

I've already started celebrating. Here's to you!
    Originally Posted by

Comment

Happy Birthday, WH!!

Comment

Happy birthday Whose Homepage!

Comment

So after all it's Doris aka Whose Homepage we're congratulating today !!!

Wish you all the best !!!
          Kaip po dykumą blaškiausi

Comment

Happy Birthday Whose Homepage
            "Never argue with an idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Happy Birdhday dear Whose Homepage!

Hope you have a great time!

Paskutinis taisė taimis; 2006.05.22, 18:47.

Comment

All the best to you, @WH!
                Btw. little Paula still is growing up to your present Hope that I will get new digital camera by the time when she will be ready for it!!!
                And she did not let me sleep last night
                Am sure that you have interesting summer ahead again

Comment

Ooh, @WhoseHomepage, I looked back at this thread - turns out - it was opened by you in case of my own birthday!!!
                  Just one small pic from Riga - this is the way how the city will look after some 4 hours from now (picture by Ivars Līdaka, taken from Ministry of Agriculture - it is taken in January but the weather still is the same)

Comment

Happy Birthday, Doris!!!

Comment

Aciu for all your greetings, my friends!

Gati, thanks for the lovely Riga photo

So that decrepit old Ministry of Agriculture building is still good for something: one can take beautiful shots of Old Riga from the top of it.

Tell Paula her daddy needs his sleep!
                      Originally Posted by

Comment

Happy birthday to Doris, the frendliest forumer up here

Comment

It's a bit late to do so, but I say better late than never:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NORTHSTAR!!!

I hope life will continue to be kind to you. And don't worry about the 29 years! Let me assure you: there IS life after 30!
                          Originally Posted by

Comment

Su gimtadieniu, Pobbie!

Comment

Labai ačiū, Vaidai.

Don't worry, I hadn't forgotten about you. I've just been snowed in with work recently.

Comment

A bit off-topic, but Pobbie, could you give me any suggestions on what to see in Liverpool?
                                My last exam is on wednesday and I want to travel around England a bit before going home (except the forecast of the damn English weather doesn't look too good)... Anyway, are there a lot of good places/museums to visit besides the Beatles-related stuff?

Comment

No problem.

Well, Liverpool Museum itself has a lot of interesting exhibitions, and is right next door to the Walker Art Gallery (Tate Liverpool houses Modernist art if you're into that kind of stuff).

There are two cathedrals - an Anglican one built throughout much of the 1900s in spendid Gothic style, and a Roman Catholic one finished in 1967 and built in a unique Modernist style. A trip to the top of the Anglican Cathedral is well worth it for the views.

What I recommend the most is a visit to the waterfront. Here you can visit the Merseyside Maritime Museum and the Albert Dock (a revitalised area of bars and restaurants). The waterfront is also home to Liverpool's most impressive buildings (the Three Graces) and is now a World Heritage Site: I'm not sure if this is good for future development in the area, but at least you can see Beetham West tower under construction nearby (40 stories, construction started only a few months ago).

If you want the best view of the Liverpool skyline, take the ferry across the River Mersey to Birkenhead.

All that without mentioning The Beatles . If you want photos, I could start a thread sometime.

Comment

Thanks! I'll be going there tomorrow (or should I say "this morning"? ), so I guess I'll be starting my own photo thread
                                    Anyway, thanks for suggestions one more time

Comment

:*****:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIBERIAN!!!

Many, many cheers and fond greetings! I wish you the very best.
                                      Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Whose Homepage
                                        :*****:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIBERIAN!!!

Many, many cheers and fond greetings! I wish you the very best.
                                        Oh, Thank you WH!

Comment

Greetings to Siberian All the best to you!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X