Skelbimas

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankfurt: street-level and people (part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Frankfurt: street-level and people (part 1)

Let's see Frankfurt in a little different way than we usually see in photo threads here in SSP . There almost will no be skyscrapers in this topic (and other 2 parts of it). It's all about street-level Frankfurt.

1. Still in London Stansted airport. Minutes before take off. I thought I'm gonna miss my flight since it was very early in the morning and there was no transpot while I live in a completely opposite side of London than Stansted Airport. Thank god everything was ok and I got on my plane on time. 1 and half hours later we were in Frankfurt Hahn airport which is actually 120km away from Frankfurt.

2. On my way to find the hostel where I'm about to stay for the next 3 days

4. There are lots of 70's style buildings. Frankfurt suffered heavily during the WW2 and most of its old quarters were gone which were rebuilt in this poor "style"

5 Vorsicht! Be careful, angry trams!

6. Underground transport. Public transport in Frankfurt is excellent to say the least. It's smooth, reliable and usually good looking

7. Zeil, the main shopping street in Frankfurt which [according to some sources] accounts for the highest sales volume in whole Germany (dunno if that's true though)

15. Josie from Vietnam (not sure if I understood her name properly though). She was standing in one of the shopping malls and giving out some leaflets which nobody seemed to be interested in. She looked very sad and confused (I guess it was her first day in this role). I asked her name and if I could take a picture of her. She timidly agreed while I ensured her that I'll go to Vietnam one day. Josie's beautiful smile was supressed by special transpalatal arch device mounted on her teeth but nonetheless I think most women could envy Josie her beauty. I went to the same place next day but didn't find her there anymore. Such very short and a little sad story

16. There are lots of signs and advertisemens in English which I didn't really expect. People in Frankfurt seem to understand and speak English without proplems as well

17. A small pedestrian side street

21. Some shops put some of their products outside in order to attract more customers

25. The old opera house of Frankfurt built in 1880m, destroyed during WW2 and rebuilt in 1981

28. Opera seen from the top of MAIN TOWER

29. Zeil

31. Town Hall square

34. Friends forever

to be continued in another thread...
Working...
X