Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Ryga (Rīga) - fresh construction update by Gatis

Sveikiņi
    Hope - you don't mind to see this thread here - it is copied from Skyscrapercity.
    Today made nice walk (and drive) around Riga. At the beginning it was -25 degrees but later it became really warm - -19 degrees Did not manage all what I wanted... but you will see some construction projects anyway. Btw. most construction works have been stopped in those days.
    This is only minor fraction of all the things on-going here in Riga. But it includes some of the most interesting projects.

At first I inspected Skanste Street area. The new street network has been built.

Tomsona terases No.II luxury apartments have reached full height – 10 floors.

Arena Riga – nearly completed. Looks quite OK. One year ago they were making fundament here. Somewhere inside this photograph there would be constructed hotel as well.

Its neighbour – Olympic Centre – completed last autumn. It has got similar size but is divided in smaller halls.

Both halls. Enormous poster with our athlete Ineta Radevica on it. She was photographed for Playboy btw.

Rietumu banka – fundament completed, second construction crane is installed. In the background Arena Riga is seen.

Rendering

Latvijas Krajbanka – works stopped. In forefront you see the area where office complexes are proposed. To the right side – 24-floor towers still on paper, waiting for bureaucracy...

Rendering of Krajbanka

Duntes Ozoli not too far from Skanstes Street area – inner works are on-going in this weather. In forefront you see badly used area... just few years and offices should be here too. There are several constructions nearby on-going already.

Looked in Centre – in Boulevards have been started fundament works for the high-end hotel on Elizabetes Street. Unfortunately could not find place to leave car and make some more pictures in Centre.

Short trip to Kipsala. I took a walk on ice of Daugava River. Superb views around... but strong wind. I was stupid enough to take off gloves while photographing and -22 and wind did their work. I could move the fingers only some 10 minutes later.
    View towards Old Riga. Centra nams in forefront. Somehow I don’ t see lights in this enormous building in evenings...

RBS Skals office – works stopped.

Rendering

Riga harbour – just a nice view.

And obligatory view to Saules akmens

Hotel Islande in Kipsala – nearly completed.

One more look at highrise apartment district in Imanta.
    When arriving from Centre, Solaris highrises (25 floors) look like this:

But from the other side – like this. Metropolia project seen in the background. Imantas Perle 16-floorer is built behind Metropolia, but they are building just the second floor.
    Rendering of Metropolia project. Two are almost completed, remaining three – all have fundament works on-going.

When going back to Centre, looked what’ s new at Airport road.
    Wow... the weird structure at supermarket „Spice” may be is removed? „Spice” second stage was opened month ago – you can see this part a bit. It is the most stylish supermarket in suburbs now IMHO.

Instead of this view in few years here should be something like this:

Some hundred meters further the first tower of Panorama Plaza. Officially they are building 22nd floor, really – 23rd.

Rendering of the project

When passing along the Centre – view across Daugava to the southern part of Old Riga. „Only” 7 construction cranes seen instead of 14 cranes some months ago. Unfortunately did not manage to take pictures of all the interesting projects on-going there.

Southern bridge – fundament completed. Those two structures will help to move the parts of bridge on fundament. Unibanka building in opposite coast seen. Latest redaction of Riga Development plan allows highrises on this bank – up to 24 floors.

Rendering of the bridge

Estacades at the right bank are starting to rise above the ground. Impossible to take picture of the whole construction site.

Plan of estacades:

That's it for now.

Thats very much Gatis, very nice thread !

Comment

Hey, glad to see Rīga cnstructing
      Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Really nice
        I just like threads like this
        Vilnius? Kaunas?? Klaipėda!!!

Comment

It's great to see big Latvian SSC star in this forum.

Nice to see that some projects which I recently saw only in renderings are already realised in reality.

And I liked this photo the most, looks amazing:

Comment

Aciu, Gati! That's really impressive.

Perhaps you were the man Maris saw walking on the frozen Daugava?

There is an enormous wealth of information here which is sort of hard to absorb all at once, even for those familiar with your Riga Development threads. Yet let me try to make a couple of comments, and of course you can already imagine the flat-top one, so I'll just skip it.

I think I like Krajbanka.
            I definitely like Duntes Ozoli although I wish it had a better color.
            Elizabetes Street & center projects: I hope you'll find an opportunity (including a parking space and a day on which it is less cold) to update that area for us one of these days.
            Centra nams is not my favorite building in Riga.
            The RBS Skals office, while no beauty, is certainly unusual.
            I'm glad to see the Southern Bridge progress.

Little wonder all outdoor excavation and construction activity has come to a halt with those temperatures!

Thank you for the show, Gati! I enjoyed the river vistas a whole lot.
            Originally Posted by

Comment

nice to see some construction going in Riga
              "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

- George W. Bush President of the USA

Comment

and welcome to our forum
                "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

- George W. Bush President of the USA

Comment

Pic taken yesterday around 15:50, person walking on ice under Vanšu bridge
                  Information has become a place (NSA)

Kāpēc vairot sāpes ? Lai labāk vairojas prieks ! (K. Skalbe)

Comment

No, @WH and Maris - that's not me walking there on ice. But Ice in Daugava is thick, some 25 cm at least. In many places it is transparent, looks cool. We just need some whales here, as in London
                    @WH - Duntes Ozoli will have a bit different color:

Thanks for kind replies!

Comment

View from Duntes ozoli towards the Centre:

Towards Imanta:

Comment

Thanks, for a nice update, Gatis. Lots of activity in Riga

BTW I jus recently found out that Gatis is a real Latvian name- allways thought that it's some kind of nickname
                        Kaip po dykumą blaškiausi

Comment

Parašė Gatis
                          View from Duntes ozoli towards the Centre:

Towards Imanta:
                          Wow, the views are simply awesome
                          Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Great update, Gati ! I always love to see new views and angles
                            Information has become a place (NSA)

Kāpēc vairot sāpes ? Lai labāk vairojas prieks ! (K. Skalbe)

Comment

Damn this looks awsome Like some sort of downtown

Mano Flickr nuotraukos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezziukas/sets/

--------------------------------------------------

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

Thanks for the updates! Can't wait to see these projects finished.

Comment

wow! many nice projects are going on. loved that new bridge and saules akmens looks fantastic as always.
                                  www.lt-lv-forum.org/

Comment

wow, really amazing pictures!

The new bridge will look ultra-cool

Overall, I agree with AIRzol, there are quite a few quality buildings u/c

Thanks for the thread

Comment

Thanks - You expanded horizon
                                      Senoji Klaipėda
                                      F.Nietzsche - "There are no facts, only interpretations."

Comment

Thank you for the additional information on Duntes ozoli, Gati!

The color looks very good indeed. Also, I really like that stepped-down terrace effect on the right.
                                        Originally Posted by

Comment

Working...
                                        X