• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Naples by DocentX

Photos from 2007 :

Polish Fiat

Wow, Docent X! Napoli!

I'm sorry I didn't discover this thread sooner. I may catch some flack for this, but I'm afraid you portray the city quite accurately. Alas apart from some grand boulevards and handsome large buildings the main impression is one of deterioration and decay, graffiti, filth, peeling paint and rotting garbage along with ubiquitous crime. It used to be the capital of the Kingdom of Naples, in centuries past home to a thriving arts scene. In terms of music both secular and religious, theater, painting, sculpture etc. it was the equal, if not the forerunner, of Rome, Venice, and Florence. Its scenic location on the Mediterranean Sea with the ever looming nearby Mt. Vesuvio is superb, and the Archaeological Museum contains the greatest collection of antiquities in all of Italy.

Did you manage to visit nearby Pompeii and/or Herculaneum/Ercolano?

At any rate a most enjoyable thread. Aciu!
    Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Whose Homepage Rodyti pranešimą
      Wow, Docent X! Napoli!

I'm sorry I didn't discover this thread sooner. I may catch some flack for this, but I'm afraid you portray the city quite accurately. Alas apart from some grand boulevards and handsome large buildings the main impression is one of deterioration and decay, graffiti, filth, peeling paint and rotting garbage along with ubiquitous crime. It used to be the capital of the Kingdom of Naples, in centuries past home to a thriving arts scene. In terms of music both secular and religious, theater, painting, sculpture etc. it was the equal, if not the forerunner, of Rome, Venice, and Florence. Its scenic location on the Mediterranean Sea with the ever looming nearby Mt. Vesuvio is superb, and the Archaeological Museum contains the greatest collection of antiquities in all of Italy.

Did you manage to visit nearby Pompeii and/or Herculaneum/Ercolano?

At any rate a most enjoyable thread. Aciu!
      This is how it looks - Africa in Europe - and people are thinking that EE is dirty

No - I've been to Milan, Florence, Rome and some places in the south but I didn't have time to visit Pompeii.

I have to post some time some other photos from my trips to Asia, South America, Europe and NYC

Comment

Working...
      X