Novosibirsk 10/06/2006 [10 Mb]

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Novosibirsk 10/06/2006 [10 Mb]

Novosibirsk is the largest city in Siberia, 3rd largest in Russia still very young, was founded in 1893. It's important transportation hub. City is very industrial, a plenty of different factories is placed here since the WWII. From melt of gold and enrichment of uranium to manufacture of precision optics and war-planes. Novosibirsk famous for it's Akademgorodok, one of the largest scientific and education centre in Russia.

at the Novosibirsk-Main Railway station

Puppet theatre

Kobra Business Centre construction site

at Uritskogo str.

Vokzalnaya Magistral

local fastfood network NY Pizza

an old wooden house

Premiera residential u/c

Narymskaya Zhemchuzhina (Pearl) Complex

Narymskaya Street

constructions east of Narymskaya Street

a highrise in the Left Shore of Novosibirsk

Right Shore (central part of the city)

Serebryanikovskaya Str.

100-flat House, built in the 30's

Administration of Novosibirsk Region, built in 30's, an example of constructivism

red bricks decorations

The blue highrise called Batman

red brick old houses

The chapel at the Krasny Avenue

Krasny Prospekt

Museum of the regional, built in 1911

Lenin's Square

Novosibirsk Opera and Ballet Theatre, buit in 30's

Novosibirsk Art Academy

Beryozovaya Roshcha (Birch Grove) Metro Station

again Krasny Prospekt

here is the famous Rock City Club and Old Irish Pub

Great phototour, thanks a lot. Usually cities built by communists look worse than Novosibirsk
    Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Now that was very interesting

and this is gorgeous http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...k/P1020168.jpg

Thank you very much, Siberian
      Kaip po dykumą blaškiausi

Comment

How many people live in Novosibirsk?

Comment

Parašė just
          How many people live in Novosibirsk?
          1,5 Mil people live in Novosibirsk

Comment

Thanks, that wooden building is awesome

Comment

My first impression is wow, its amazingly clean. Its also much more colorful than other cities in the EX-USSR.

Not too many Ladas in the pics either.

Comment

Looks fine, thanks for the tour.

My favourite pic:
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...k/P1020191.jpg

Exactly where in Siberia is Novosibirsk?

Comment

Parašė Dramblys
                  My first impression is wow, its amazingly clean. Its also much more colorful than other cities in the EX-USSR.
                  Are you kidding about colours? I thought Novosibirsk is really grey city...
                  Look at Barnaul then, my hometown, more colourful than Novosibirsk http://tinkle.miestai.net/showthread.php?t=2609

Parašė Molo
                  Exactly where in Siberia is Novosibirsk?
                  Novosibirsk is located in the southwest Siberia, look at the map.

Comment

Parašė Siberian
                    Are you kidding about colours? I thought Novosibirsk is really grey city...
                    Look at Barnaul then, my hometown, more colourful than Novosibirsk
                    Siberian, you are a Saint and a Trooper, a Gentleman and a Scholar! Both of these combined phrases indicate the qualities of a rare and special human being, which you quite obviously are.

I had frankly anticipated Novosibirsk to look a whole lot greyer and drearier than it appears in your photos. Did you leave out acres upon acres of commieblocks?

Barnaul continues to be my favorite city in Siberia. I know it the best from photos (yours of course! ), plus it's the home town of one of my favorite forumers! It was good of you to feature another Siberian city, and I thank you for doing it.
                    Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Whose Homepage
                      Siberian, you are a Saint and a Trooper, a Gentleman and a Scholar! Both of these combined phrases indicate the qualities of a rare and special human being, which you quite obviously are.
                      Thank you very much for this words, WH!
                      I'm even a bit embrassed

Parašė Whose Homepage
                      I had frankly anticipated Novosibirsk to look a whole lot greyer and drearier than it appears in your photos. Did you leave out acres upon acres of commieblocks?
                      Of course I always show the places which I like more, but Novosibirsk is objectively a grey city... it's not mean that it's a bad city though, I like it a lot! The problem of Novosibirsk is lack of history, the city is too young to be beautiful or cozy

Parašė Whose Homepage
                      Barnaul continues to be my favorite city in Siberia. I know it the best from photos (yours of course! ), plus it's the home town of one of my favorite forumers! It was good of you to feature another Siberian city, and I thank you for doing it.
                      Probably you missed my thread about another very nice city in Siberia - Tomsk??
                      http://tinkle.miestai.net/showthread.php?t=2664

Comment

True, I did!

It's just that I've been busy watching football & tennis & hanging out in the garden. I promise I'll catch up, and soon!
                        Originally Posted by

Comment

Working...
                        X