Bratislava - The capital of Slovakia [56k beware]

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Bratislava - The capital of Slovakia [56k beware]

During my trip to Praha I took a low cost flight to Bratislava (19.90€, thanks RyanAir! ), the capital of Slovakia.
    It was my first time in Bratislava and in whole SK. I slept there just the first night, which was a saturday night so I could enjoy some good nightlife as well. Unfortunately I forgot my tripod at the hostel and so I have no night pics of Bratislava's old town, which is small but pretty and well lightened at night.
    Anyway I have some pitures I took when I came back from Praha before flying back to Italy... here they are!

Petržalka: commieblock paradise!

I have been in Slovakia but I never visited Bratislava, so thanks for this virtual tour.
    It's good to know that we are not the only ones who don't manage to restore all buildings in oldtown
    http://www.upupa.net/sky/bratislava/IMG_6096.jpeg

Comment

Nice old town with some modern accents

Comment

Parašė Edd
        It's good to know that we are not the only ones who don't manage to restore all buildings in oldtown
        http://www.upupa.net/sky/bratislava/IMG_6096.jpeg
        I think you Lithuanians are much better than the Slovakians from what I could see in the few hours I spent in Bratislava and the 2 days I spent in Vilnius... the old town there is very small and there's still much to do (maybe I could compare it with Kaunas in 2004). Anyway there were workings and cranes everywhere, they are working hard, Slovakia is a nice, friendly little country, I think they are doing quite well.

But Lithuanians are always better!
        Paskutinis taisė Karletas; 2006.04.26, 18:49.

Comment

thank you again, i liked tihis picture, great idea

Comment

beatyful city, very nice (and mystical) country!
            Thanks, Karletas!

Comment

It's a mystical and mysterious country to me as well, oranger, and I've never been there (nor in the Czech Republic for that matter).

Karletai, you sure do get around! B-) And for sharing your experiences and impressions with us.

Yes, Bratislava's Old Town looks delightful, and it's good to hear that they are working on its rehabilitation. Particular thanks for including that artfully decoracted dilapidated building ... people seem to have a sense of humor over there!
              Originally Posted by

Comment

Working...
              X