A couple of days in Zürich

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of days in Zürich

...and here it's what I could do, with that typical Swiss winter weather!

I arrived at around 9pm by train, and after a good Swiss dinner (and 2 beers) I took camera and tripod!

This is the first day, with a wonderful grey and foggy sky!

Night time again...

The castle of the Landsmuseum

Beware of the birds flu!

Bonus for skyscraper lovers

Grazie ir aciu, Karletai!

These are wonderful photos, showing Zurich in all its glory and majesty. So many distinctive towers, and it is situated so beautifully along the lake ...

I wonder why somebody would call his boat after Attila the Hun (Etzel = Attila)? According to legend, Siegfried's wife Kriemhild went on to marry King Etzel after the hero's death. She married this powerful and influential man in order to make sure she got revenge against her brothers and uncle, the ones who had murdered him.

And the beer: was it Feldschloesschen? That was our favorite. Did you also try a Swiss wine or 2? I was amazed by all the vineyards around Geneva, and I thought Swiss wines are wonderful! Too bad the Swiss seem to drink most of it themselves -- haven't seen any on the shelves here.
    Originally Posted by

Comment

Eheh, I didn't know the story about Etzel, it's always interesting to read you WH!
      Yes, there was Feldschlösschen almost everywhere, but I drank also a Goldsprint and an Ittiger Klosterbräu, but I think Swiss beer is not that good, quite similar to northern Italy, but at least it was the only cheaper thing to drink, compared to Italy!
      I drank some white wine while eating the Käsefondue on my last dinner there in ZH and it was rather good... but I'm used to Italian wines, so it's not easy to find something better!

Zürich is indeed a very beautiful city, just unlucky with the weather!

Comment

Thanks Karletai, very interesting, but tough luck with the weather
        Kaip po dykumą blaškiausi

Comment

@Karletas: thanks!

I actually had to edit my post because at first I had the lady's name wrong, and so I added a bit in the process.

And of course: he who has Italian wines doesn't have to look for Swiss ones!
          Originally Posted by

Comment

Working...
          X