No announcement yet.

[Italy] Few pics of Milan in Winter

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Karletas, I knew I remembered you from somewhere! Ah Virtual Tourist...fond memories. I find Milano is much maligned, and although having never visited it myself, I gather from pictures that it probably has much more to see than many overrated cities elsewhere. And it's so unfair that you get snow and we [Londonders] don't, given that we are hundreds of kilometres north of you guys! Mille Grazie per le foto!

Comment

Sveikas atvykęs Karletai
      Welcome to Miestai.net, Carletto

Ačiū už nuotraukas
      Grazie

Parašė Karletas
      And since I'm Italian, I start with my home country, and with probably the most important city in Italy, but also one of the less attractive ones, Milan.
      I've been in Milano several years ago. I do not agree with opinion that Milano is less attractive.
      BTW, environs of Milano (Bérgamo, Como, Pavia, Arona) are especially interesting.
      I looked to my photos; unfortunately there are only few pictures worth to be posted in the forum.

As you are from Liguria, it would very interesting to see the thread with pictures of Génova, San Remo, S.Margherita, Portofino or Rapallo

Comment

To be honest I don't like Milano very much, or just really little.
        The places you see in my pictures are some of the "exceptions", and of course the Duomo, Galleria, the Scala theatre and few other places are beautiful as well, but Milan is very big, and apart from thos few places, there is almost nothing. It also lacks in highrises... the Pirellone is still the highest skyscraper in Italy and it's nice, now perfectly restored, but it's the only notable one.
        Milano has been bombed much during WWII, so it's quite normal it doesn't have a real old town like many other Italian towns. And in the 50s, 60s and 70s architecture was not so beautiful in my opinion! And anyway Milan lacks in beautiful buildings from the 19th century and before, expecially if compared to Turin and Genova.

Of course Milan is by far richer than the other cities for lifestyle, culture, nightlife and job opportunities, but architectonically speaking it's in my opinion one of the less beautiful places in Italy. The good side of that is that it could help in the future to build a new modern city, with many more skyscrapers and beautiful modern architecture.

Bergamo, Como, Pavia, Brescia, Lodi, Varese, now also Monza are all "independent" provinces, don't dare call them "Milan" or they could get very angry!

Comment

Grazie, Carletto! You say all that very nicely. And as an Italian you can say things a foreigner can't.
          Originally Posted by

Comment

Working...
          X