Bydgoszcz - Poland

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Bydgoszcz - Poland

Bydgoszcz (German: Bromberg,) is a city in northern Poland, on Brda and Vistula rivers, with a population of 369,151 (2004). Together with Torun it has been the capital of the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodship since 1999
    In German, it is traditionally known as Bromberg, the city name under Prussian rule and renaming the city after 1874.
    Bydgoszcz is a part of the metroplex Bydgoszcz-Torun with Torun, only 45 km away, and over 600,000 inhabitants.

@Piczer

@zonc

and bonus - new airpot:

I like it looks good !

Comment

A very nice city!
      How many bigger cities than Bydgoszcz are there in Poland?

Comment

Parašė Vaidas
        A very nice city!
        How many bigger cities than Bydgoszcz are there in Poland?
        Warszawa, Lodz, Krakow, Wroclaw,Poznan Gdansk, Szczecin, Lublin, Katowice they are all bigger but there are also many cities with similar population to Bydgoszcz as well

Comment

Very nice city
          The river banks in the first pictures somewhat remembers me of Klaipėda

Comment

Bardzo ladnie. Dziękuję.

Comment

Parašė moo
              Very nice city
              The river banks in the first pictures somewhat remembers me of Klaipėda
              True, I had the same feelings, and both the cities share a German (Prussian) past, which is quite evident in the half-timbered houses.

I heard of Bydgoszcz the first time quite recently when a friend of mine told me RyanAir had a new route to a city in Poland with an unpronouncable name! And it looks they have a really nice airport there.
              And the city itself looks very nice, and Torun is very close... another place to add to my to-visit list!

Comment

Some photos from Bydgoszcz, Summer 2006.

Paskutinis taisė Ariella; 2008.02.05, 11:21.

Comment

Working...
                X