Szczecin (Stettin), Poland

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Szczecin (Stettin), Poland

Szczecin is a city situated in the north-west of Poland, where the river Odra meets the Baltic Sea (through Szczecin Bay). For centuries this location has been the junction for major European transit routes, from the west to the east and from the north, through the Baltic, to the south of Europe. Szczecin is also the capital of a new province, the Western Pomeranian Province.(97km far from Berlin) This is the result of the recent reform of the national administration.

video http://www.szczecin.pl/inwestor/uk/video.htm

Grazios nuotraukos, grazus miestas

Comment

Thanks again. The city from above looks really good

Btw, try not to overload this thread and use links or thumbnails from time to time
      Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Sita nuotrauka tai labai Chicagos neighbourhoodus primena

Comment

kazkaip nelabai i Lenkija nesa

Prie ruso man buvo geriau

Comment

Dalis Vokietijos teritorijos, kaip kompencacija už prarastą rytų teritoriją sovietams, buvo peruodta lenkams, o Ščeščinas buvo toje teritorijoje. Taigi jsi toks pats lenkiškas kaip ir Klaipėda lietuviška
            Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Parašė Mantaz
              Dalis Vokietijos teritorijos, kaip kompencacija už prarastą rytų teritoriją sovietams, buvo peruodta lenkams, o Ščeščinas buvo toje teritorijoje. Taigi jsi toks pats lenkiškas kaip ir Klaipėda lietuviška
              Mantaz a bit of history for you, as you can notice Szczecin was set by Poles and for most of its history, te city belonged to Poland

http://www.szczecin.pl/inwestor/uk/1_uk/uk_1_1.htm

Comment

Alonso wondered that it doesn't look like Poland so I explained that this city belonged to Germany and later transferred to Poland.

It belonged to Germany long enough to look like a German town, I guess
                Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

well considering how much it was destroyed I have doubts, but the layout of the city is very German indeed

Comment

Nice pictures.
                    Ačiū / Dziękuję

How far Szczecin in from the sea?
                    It was surprise to me that there is sea vessels quay in the center of city.

Comment

Romas its about 60km from the sea, there is a nice lake in the middle of the city - Jezioro Dąbie

Comment

Looks like it is well planned with few exceptions like those commies in upper left corner. Thanks for photos.

Comment

looks like a very nice city! almost like la passion du vin

the one thing that I really didn't like was all those elevated roads, which waste the precious space in the city centre(apparently) and they give the city(any city, really) such a cold and unfriendly feel... Those elevated roads are gonna have to be demolished some day for sure. And instead they should build some nice tree lined boulevards with cafés and pâtisseries instead

this is awful, such a nice old city spoilt with such awful roads:

btw, I have nothing against the elevated roads being built in the city outskirts, they fit well there with all the supermaket and cargo boxes

Comment

Very nice city indeed How many population live in there?

Comment

fresh pics by Zejdzek

by Jarek

Comment

Working...
                              X