FI. Projektai Helsinkyje / Projects in Helsinki

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

FI. Projektai Helsinkyje / Projects in Helsinki

I noticed there's a foreign section here as well, so I'm gonna post a few pictures here concerning some projects in Hki/Hki suburbs. I'm not gonna dive into details, because I have other things to do today, but if you have any questions, comments feel free to post, of course.

LEPPÄVAARA (mostly completed):

KESKI-PASILA (U/C in 2008, 14-26-storey towers):

AVIAPOLIS (partly U/C):

KEILANIEMI:

What's this, soviet brutalism?

I thought that the KESKI-PASILA project was officially dead.

Aviapolis seems too car-oriented in the pictures....

Comment

o prie ko čia metro?
      You might surprise yourself.

Miestai.net FB

Comment

All building looks very classy I like them despire they aren't very tall of impressive in some way. Just average glassy boxes , but they don't ruin the view

Mano Flickr nuotraukos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezziukas/sets/

--------------------------------------------------

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

Parašė satama
          [IMG]
          What's this, soviet brutalism?

I thought that the KESKI-PASILA project was officially dead.

Aviapolis seems too car-oriented in the pictures....
          Keski-Pasila is as alive as ever. The construction cannot be started until 2008, however, because the new harbour in Vuosaari has to be completed first. All this info can be found at Talo's thread and KSV's website.

Comment

Parašė spirit
            o prie ko čia metro?
            Metro yra įskaitant priemiesčius. Lietuvoje kol kas tai nėra labai ryškus rieškinys, kai pats miestas yra tik maža dalis viso metropolio ploto ir gyventojų.
            Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Parašė Mantaz
              Metro yra įskaitant priemiesčius. Lietuvoje kol kas tai nėra labai ryškus rieškinys, kai pats miestas yra tik maža dalis viso metropolio ploto ir gyventojų.
              Tik maža dalis? Turbūt mažumėle persūdei.

Comment

Parašė Mantaz
                tai aš turbūt ne taip supratau tą žodį
                You might surprise yourself.

Miestai.net FB

Comment

Parašė kaunaz
                  Tik maža dalis? Turbūt mažumėle persūdei.
                  Teko gyventi Atlantoje, kuios miesto ribose gyventojų 400 000, o apylinkėse - apie 5 000 000. Nežinau, ar tai persūdymas
                  Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Parašė Ežiukas
                    All building looks very classy I like them despire they aren't very tall of impressive in some way. Just average glassy boxes , but they don't ruin the view
                    Yeah, those are hardly exciting when it comes to looks.

Finland has around sixty high-rise buildings planned / approved / under construction. The tallest one is 141 meters tall, but majority stay around the usual 16 story range. I really don't personally care about the height of the buildings, as even two hundred meters isn't all that much. It is far more important how individual buildings serve the urban structure. In Aviapolis' case this isn't so, but with Keski-Pasila a huge gap in the outskirts of inner city Helsinki will be finally covered and urbanized, giving new character for what is now considered a poor and gritty district.

Molo gave few examples of mid-rises being built and planned in Aviapolis, but here's more on the area itself.

Aviapolis is a district in the city of Vantaa (15km north of Helsinki) that has grown around the airport. In five years approximately half million square meters of office space have been built there, with more is underway, but infrastructure has lagged behind. Its very car-dominated area due to the logistical nature of the business there, but that will fortunately change soon.

A new railway link, called Kehärata (Ring Rail), will connect Aviapolis with the existing network in the near-future. Construction of this 18km long commuter rail will start in 2008. Eight kilometers of it will go underground in the vicinity of the airport.

(you can also see how the Aviapolis is situated in relation to the city of Helsinki)

Few very early and basic renders of the airport’s station

… and the vicinity of the airport

Overground, Aviapolis will be served by automated monorail taxi. Construction of the first phase will start next year. Skeptics have raised their doubt about the suitablity of this automated system compared to more ordinary systems, such as light-rail. I tend to agree this is too much showing off.

There are just about gadzillion indiviudal office building projects in Aviapolis in addition to ones Molo included. Here are two typical examples:

A new third terminal for flights to non-Shengen countries will be constructed to the airport as well. It’s part of Finnair's Asia-orientated strategy that has so far worked extremely well for them. Hki-Vantaa airport has become a busy ”feeder” for flights coming from rest of Europe to Asia. The termianl is outlined here:

Blue area marks the spot of the new Hotel Hilton, which is under construction.

Photo by Herr Catani

There are about six 15 story mid-rises being built there, of which Molo showed few.

I don’t really care about area all that much architecture-wise. It primarily exists for the companies requiring good, modern office space with excellent connections: airport right next to you, cargo harbour about ten kilometers away, city just 15km away and the primary commuter arteries of Helsinki metropolitan region – Tuusula motorway, Ring I, III and Lahti motorway – are just a stone’s throw away.

It’s not meant for urban city-like living. Still, for some reason, the newly-built residential district of Aviapolis atracts lots of people.

Photo of Kartanonkoski, Aviapolis’ residential area by Molo

Other semi-interesting projects in Vantaa (as said before, Aviapolis district is in the city of Vantaa, not Helsinki) include the new railway station of Tikkurila suburb.

And, for example, the half a kilometer long Vantaa cultural center, whose construction should start this year:

I'm not personally enthusiastic about Vantaa myself, but they have plenty of vision and will. The Ring Rail is one of the most badly needed things in the airport, although a seperate high speed train or metro would be far better (projected for future).

Comment

I will post request that is off topic : Could one of you guy make a thread in wich be some kind of virtaul/photo tour of helsinki . Because I have to confess that I don't know a think about Helsinki at all don't know nor the size of it nor the famous places or building nor the regions names so could you in lighten me please

Ačiū

Mano Flickr nuotraukos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezziukas/sets/

--------------------------------------------------

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

Thanks for this big update Molo and Ober.

Some projects are really "crazy" and futuristic e.g. that "automated monorail taxi" - it'll really look impressive and unusual, though I'm among skeptics if we talk about efficiency of such system.
                        Vantaa cultural center looks huge and quite interesting. I'm curious how it'll look like in reality.

Comment

Parašė Ežiukas
                          I will post request that is off topic : Could one of you guy make a thread in wich be some kind of virtaul/photo tour of helsinki . Because I have to confess that I don't know a think about Helsinki at all don't know nor the size of it nor the famous places or building nor the regions names so could you in lighten me please

Ačiū
                          Oberleutnant promised to make a Helsinki thread. I'll show some photos from my hometown, Jyväskylä. The population is about 23'000.

(C): Oberleutnant:

Phoooh... There's a pretty comprehensive Jyväskylä thread. Ober's Hki thread should follow shortly.

Comment

Thanks a whole lot, Molo!

And the Helsinki thread is right here.
                            Originally Posted by

Comment

Super projektai. Butu puiku pamatyti ka nors panasaus lietuvoje, bent jau planuose. Manau lietuviu statybu vystimo kompanijoms reiketu pasimokyti kaip projektuoti naujus rajonus, koks turetu buti uztatymo tankumas, kokie turiai ir t.t. Nesu joks ekspertas, aisku, sitoj srity bet tai atrodo moderniai ir jaukiai, labiau traukia aki
                              Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. It is that we are powerful beyond measure. Who are we to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented ? Actually, who are you not to be? As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Comment

SHIT!
                                I had no idea it was going to so huge.

It's great to see that keski pasila project is going to be realised. If they do it properly (eikä sieltä missä aita on matalin, niin kuin suomessa on vähän tapana tehdä) it's going to look awesome.

Comment

Jyväskylä as a town of 23 000 looks very impressive and modern. Is it part of Helsinki metro region?

Comment

Parašė Edd
                                    Jyväskylä as a town of 23 000 looks very impressive and modern. Is it part of Helsinki metro region?
                                    The municipal pop is about 84'000, but the urban area contains only 23'000. The town is about 300km north of Helsinki, so no, it's not within the metro region of Hki. It's an inland town beside a lake. The scenery around the town is awesome, but then being located far from the seashore, the climate is pretty harsh in winters.

Comment

Municipality population of Jyväskylä is approximately 83,000 (the official population figures for Finnish cities and towns outside Helsinki region are absurd and rarely reflect the reality, due to large geographical size of their borders), but 23,000 is very accurate number of inhabitants for the city proper itself. Jyväskylä is located approximately 300 kilometers to the north of Helsinki, pretty much in middle of nowhere. I think Molo should do a proper thread for it to Cafe International. This is a fine place for a student to be.

Comment

Parašė Oberleutnant
                                        Overground, Aviapolis will be served by automated monorail taxi. Construction of the first phase will start next year. Skeptics have raised their doubt about the suitablity of this automated system compared to more ordinary systems, such as light-rail. I tend to agree this is too much showing off.

Come on, guys... This is so cool- Finland is a wealthy contry, some "show off" won't harm you And this project is realy sci-fi
                                        Kaip po dykumą blaškiausi

Comment

Working...
                                        X