Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Lithuanian friends

Some development news about Polish arenas:

New arena in Gdansk (unfortunately it won't be finished for Eurobasket )

capacity: around 11.000 - 13.000 people (for basketball it would be around 11.500 - 12.000)

maximum capacity: 15.000 (concert or other similar event)

this is how it will look like inside:

now:

New smaller arena in Gdynia

capacity: 5000 people

Future development plans :

Krakow is planning to construct big arena (around 15.000 people) - it should be ready around 2012 - 2013.

the project of the arena was already chosen:

Polish Sports Ministry is planning to build national arena in Warsaw near national stadium for 20.000 people. The construction however won't start before 2012.

Next big arena will be build in Gliwice (Silesia). The construction should start next year. The arena shall be ready in 2012. Capacity: around 15.000.

And here's a great link - EuroBasket 2009 - presentation of the host cities :cheers::cheers::cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q9vfUK4VhM

:cheers:

Comment

The arenas in Gdynia, Krakow and Gliwice all look impressive, I hope the projects for the latter two won't be changed

Comment

Wow, all of them look awsome, shame the one in Gdansk won't be ready while being almost finished.
        I just wonder how are yous gonna get all the money, considering yous have to build/refurbish all those stadiums for 2012
        You can change your car, you can change your house, you can change your Wetherspoon, you can change your wife or religion, even you can change your sex. But you can never change the team you support...

Comment

Parašė zanaz Rodyti pranešimą
          Wow, all of them look awsome, shame the one in Gdansk won't be ready while being almost finished.
          I agree

Parašė zanaz Rodyti pranešimą
          I just wonder how are yous gonna get all the money, considering yous have to build/refurbish all those stadiums for 2012
          Of course you are right - costs of Euro 2012 stadiums + needed infrastructure upgrade costs are massive.

Nevertheless arenas in Krakow and Gliwice shall be financed by local authorieties, that is city of Krakow and city of Gliwice. I think that some sum of money will be given from central government and maybe EU.

Arena in Warsaw as far as I know is a national project and shall be financed from a central budget. And as I wrote the construction of the Warsaw arena won't start before 2012.

-------

Some bonus photos of the new arena in Lodz - one of the Eurobasket 2009 arenas.

capacity similar to the new arena in Gdansk - around 11 000 people
          maximum capacity: around 15 000 people (concerts)

Katowice - Spodek

It is currently revitalized and modernized for Eurobasket. Next phase of the modernization will start after the Eurobasket.

capacity for Eurobasket 2009: 11 500 people

this is how it looks now :

after the renovation the facade will change its color to gold :

Wroclaw - the Centennial Hall.

The hall is from 2006 on the UNESCO list as one of the most important achievements in 20th Century architecture.

Capacity for Eurobasket : around 8000 people.

The hall is currently revitalized.

Comment

Arena Gdynia looks impressive! I really like, that they will use the old revitalised arenas. By the way, isn't the Katowice too small for the final round? What's the minimal amount of seats for the final round?

Comment

Parašė John
              Some nice arenas over there. The Gdynia arena is very interesting. The concept seems very interesting. It seems to blend into the environment very well.
              Hi John

Answering the Magician's question - well the arena capacity for Eurobasket will be 11 500 people - I suppose it's not too small as it is already decided that the final will be played. there

In the future we shall have national arena in Warsaw for 20 000 people - let's hope it will be build

Comment

...Atskirai krepšiniui arenos talpa nėra pateikiama, tačiau žinant, kad FIBA Europe nurodo, jog Europos krepšinio čempionato finalas bus žaidžiamas bent 12 000 vietų arenoje.....
                Seems like it's 12000.

Comment

Parašė John
                  Some nice arenas over there. The Gdynia arena is very interesting. The concept seems very interesting. It seems to blend into the environment very well.
                  Wroclaw arena is something unique and from outer space...Amazing landmark. I'm just amazed by it's beauty and architectural landscape. I'm really jealous of this palace. Just wow...

Gdynia arena seems a little bit like a mini version of Berci in Paris.
                  Paskutinis taisė tivoli; 2009.05.14, 17:11.
                  Kopenhaga/Roskildė / Stokholmas I II III IV
                  Dordrechtas/Haarlemas
                  Nesebaras/Plovdivas
                  Kiolnas

Comment

Parašė tivoli Rodyti pranešimą
                    Wroclaw arena is something unique and from puter space...Amazing landmark. I'm just amazed by it's beauty and architectural landscape. I'm really jealous of this palace. Just wow...
                    unique

Comment

Parašė tivoli Rodyti pranešimą
                      Wroclaw arena is something unique and from outer space...Amazing landmark. I'm just amazed by it's beauty and architectural landscape. I'm really jealous of this palace. Just wow...

Gdynia arena seems a little bit like a mini version of Berci in Paris.
                      As I wrote before - the hall is on the UNESCO list.

From wikipedia:

The Centennial Hall (German: Jahrhunderthalle, Polish: Hala Stulecia or Hala Ludowa) is a historic building in Wrocław. It was constructed according to the plans of Max Berg in 1911-1913, when the city was part of the German Empire. It was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2006.

It was in the Lower Silesian capital of Breslau on 10 March 1813 where King Frederick William III of Prussia had called upon the German people in his "Aufruf an mein Volk" to openly resist Napoleon. In October, in the Battle of Leipzig, Napoleon was defeated. The opening of the hall was part of the celebration commemorating the 100th anniversary of the battle, hence the name. The hall was renamed Hala Ludowa ("People's Hall") when the city became part of Poland under a communist government in 1945. The Polish translation of the original German name, Hala Stulecia is also used with reference to the history of the building.

The cupola was made of reinforced concrete and with an inner diameter of 69 m and 42 m high; it was the largest building of its kind at the time of construction. The symmetrical quatrefoil shape with a large circular central space seats 6,000 persons. The dome is 23m high, made of in steel and glass. The Jahrhunderthalle became a key reference for the development of reinforced concrete structures in the a 20th century.

Comment

Arena in Gdynia is pretty, but it will not be used in Eurobasket 2009.

City-------Arena----------Capacity----Competition Stage
                        Gdańsk ----Hala Olivia------5,000-----First phase group
                        Poznań ----Arena----------4,200-----First phase group
                        Warszawa- Torwar Hall-----4,838-----First phase group
                        Wrocław----Centennial Hall-6,600-----First phase group
                        Bydgoszcz--Łuczniczka-----8,000-----Second phase group
                        Łódź------- Łódź Hall------(12,000)---Second phase group
                        Katowice--- Spodek--------11,500----Final Phase
                        Paskutinis taisė Aiwa; 2009.05.15, 09:48.

Comment

New velodrome arena in Pruszkow (55 000 people town in Warsaw metropolitan area -15 km from Warsaw)

Between 25-29 03 2009 the arena hosted world championships in track cycling.

Comment

update from Poland (if someone's interested)

Lodz - the arena was officially opened - yesterday 13.000 Polish fans supported the national voleyball team in a geme between Poland and Brazil (voleyball is very popular in Poland)

Gdansk

Plock - arena for 5500 (under constr)

Wroclaw - Centennial Hall (under renovation)

new fountain in from of the arena

Torun - new arena for 7000 people, const should start next year

Poznan - the arena will be renovated

Krakow - apart from major arena for 15000 (proposed), Wisla Krakow is planning to construct its own, smaller arena for 4500 people :

Warsaw - apart from major arena for 20000 (proposed), Polonia Warszawa is planning to construct an arena for 5000 people :

some examples of smaller arenas :

Lubin - proposed

Bielsko-Biala - proposed

Bytom - under const

Zgorzelec - proposed

Gorzow Wielkopolski - proposed

Ostrowiec Swietokrzyski - under const

Comment

I like it very much.....that girl in the first photo jk, really nice buildings congrats on opening arena
                              Kairiarankių klubas - Left.lt

Comment

Na, gal metas susipažinti su 2010 metų pasaulio krepšinio čempionato arenomis Turkijoje:
                                Grupės varžybos:
                                Ankara Arena
                                Vietįų sk.: 10000
                                Statoma

Antalijos naujoji arena
                                Vietų sk.: 10000
                                Statoma

İzmir Halkapınar Sporto halė
                                Vietų sk.: 10000
                                Pastatyta 2005

Finalinis etapas:

Stambulo Abdi İpekçi Arena
                                Vietų sk.: 12500
                                Pastatyta 1986

Stambulo Olympic dome
                                Vietų sk.: 22500 Tačiau krepšinio čempionate bus "vos" 15500
                                Statoma (nuo 1993?)

Kol kas vaizdas toksai

Čempionato metu bus pertvarkytos tribūnos ir atrodys maždaug šitaip:

Tai tiek

Comment

Abdi İpekçi Arena kažkaip į LT seimą panaši Tiki be tų kolonų žinoma.

Comment

Parašė zygis Rodyti pranešimą
                                    Abdi İpekçi Arena kažkaip į LT seimą panaši Tiki be tų kolonų žinoma.
                                    Aha, tikrai labai panaši.

Galima būtų, jei Kaune nespės pastatyti arenos, pertvarkyti Seimo pastatą krepšinio varžyboms.

Comment

Jo, pagaliau tas pastatas padarytų kažką gero . Beje, šitoje temoje buvo pokalbis apie didžiulius dengtus stadionus JAV, kuriuose buvo žaidžiamas krepšinis. O Europoje panašių variantų yra?

Comment

Kiek žinau yra, bent jau ledo ritulį, jei neklystu žaidė kažkur Vokietijos mieste. Tačiau taip įspūdingai kaip naujame kaubojų stadione Arlingtone JAV, turbūt dar ilgai teks laukt, štai kaip turėtų atrodyti NCAA Finalo rungtynės:

Comment

Galima būtų, jei Kaune nespės pastatyti arenos, pertvarkyti Seimo pastatą krepšinio varžyboms.
                                          spės spės. gal klaipėdoj ir nespės (nelinkiu to), bet Kaune tai ne čia galėtų vietoj sportimos būti

Comment

Working...
                                          X