Frankfurt skyscrapers (part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Frankfurt skyscrapers (part 1)

I spent 4 days in Frankfurt last week, so here are some pictures. First 2 topics only about skyscrapers. I'll post street-level pictures in separate topics. I think street-level Frankfurt is in fact more interesting than what we usually see (i.e. skyline and skyscrapers).

1. Westhafen Tower

3. Europe's number one skyline

7. Deutsche Bank twin towers

8. MAIN TOWER

9. Deutsche Bank seen from top of MAIN TOWER

10. TV tower

11. Construction of Westend Duo tower

12. Deutsche Bank

13. Messeturm

14. Westendstrasse or Westend-tower (208m), designed by same architecture company as SWFC and Union Square Phase 7

Eastend

16. Commerzbank Tower, designed by Norman Foster, Europe's tallest skyscraper

17. Main Plaza

18. Old town

19. Eurotower, headquarters of the European Central Bank

20. Kommerzbank facade

21. Gallileo

22. Silver Tower and SKyper

23. Messeturm

25. Westend-tower

27. Trianon

28. View to the East

29. Haus der Jugend hostel where I stayed for 3 nights

31. Kaiserdom (Frankfurt Cathedral)

33. Westend

34. Westend Duo construction

35. The main train station (Hauptbahnhof)

36. €

continuation in part 2

Thanks a whole lot, John! It was very kind of you to give us an English edition of this series.

It's a very fine collection of photos indeed. Frankfurt looks impressive!

Europe's number one skyline
    Pssst ... don't let the French or the Brits hear this!

What bothers me a bit is that Frankfurt has all these anglo names for its buildings and areas of town.

I also like the shots of the lower rise areas. But what is that horror in the top center in photo #28 View to the East??? That thing ought to come down, and the sooner the better.
    Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė Whose Homepage
      Thanks a whole lot, John! It was very kind of you to give us an English edition of this series.

It's a very fine collection of photos indeed. Frankfurt looks impressive!
      Thanks! I wasn't sure if I should post English version of my tour here but I was hoping that this maybe would attract more non-Lithuanian (e.g. German ) forumers. I'll post the rest of my series in English here as well.

Pssst ... don't let the French or the Brits hear this!
      I don't care what others think about what is Europe's No.1 skyline. After my visit to Frankfurt I don't have doubts anymore. Frankfurt clearly has got the best modern skyline in Europe and will be so for a long time to come

What bothers me a bit is that Frankfurt has all these anglo names for its buildings and areas of town.
      I might not be very popular but I love the fact that there are so many English names. I fint it a very positive factor. The city (be it Frankfurt, Vilnius or Shanghai) looks much more international and open because of this

Comment

exellent shots, looked through all the series, enjoyed it!

Comment

Working...
        X