• Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

• DocentX
    replied
    Parašė John Rodyti pranešimą
    Hi Docentx,
    it's been a while I saw you online.

It's also been a while I saw a proper photo tour of Warsaw. Is there any chance we'll see any over SSP or here?

Hopefully next time I'll be in Lithuania I will also manage to come over to Poland (Warsaw or Gdansk) for a couple of days with a car... shame I have never been to Poland.
    Hello John my friend

Well - as I've said before - I didn't have much of free time, however You are right - I have to do some fresh photo tour around Warsaw

Apart from that maybe I would try to post some other photos, which I've taken during the last year.

And John - let me know if You'll need any help with the Polish visit.
    This year I've moved with my girlfriend to my apartment in Warsaw, so if you happen to be in the city let me know - it would be a pleasure to host you

Komentuoti:

• John
    replied
    Hi Docentx,
    it's been a while I saw you online.

It's also been a while I saw a proper photo tour of Warsaw. Is there any chance we'll see any over SSP or here?

Hopefully next time I'll be in Lithuania I will also manage to come over to Poland (Warsaw or Gdansk) for a couple of days with a car... shame I have never been to Poland.

Komentuoti:

• DocentX
    replied
    Parašė Whose Homepage Rodyti pranešimą
    Whew, that's quite a show, Docent!

As always your photos are first rate. But, as someone else observed before, the thread would greatly benefit from a few explanatory notes. Like, please tell us, what is the function of

this building? Also, what's the deal with the tanks and fighter aircraft?

Nonetheless I bow to you and to the beauty of the Polish capital.
    Well...sorry for lack of comments - for the last year I didn't have much of free time

Maybe I will try to create a few new threads with photos not only from Poland.

Answering your question - this is part of Poniatowski bridge - one of the oldest bridges in Warsaw. The bridge is also one of the longest (or maybe the longest) in Warsaw, because it goes also quite deep into the left bank of Warsaw.

Study the photos caefully:

Answering the question about tanks and aircrafts:

These are the photos from Museum of Polish Army (which is btw localized near the Poniatowski bridge). Outdoor exibition (old tanks, aircrafts etc.) is part of the museum and it's available for free For the other part (indoor) you have to pay but it's worth it. In the same building complex there is also Polish National Museum, which makes it one of the biggest museum complex in Poland.

PS. I though that noone's read "cafe international"

PS2. Warsaw is beautiful in many parts and ugly in many other - I wanted to present the better part of the city

Komentuoti:

• Whose Homepage
    replied
    Ah. Thanks, Elvus!

Komentuoti:

• Elvus
    replied
    As for the building I have unfortunately no idea but as for the tanks and aircrafts - they are exhibited in the Museum of Polish Army.

Komentuoti:

• Whose Homepage
    replied
    Whew, that's quite a show, Docent!

As always your photos are first rate. But, as someone else observed before, the thread would greatly benefit from a few explanatory notes. Like, please tell us, what is the function of

this building? Also, what's the deal with the tanks and fighter aircraft?

Nonetheless I bow to you and to the beauty of the Polish capital.

Komentuoti:

• Elvus
    replied
    Still no comments? It's already more than year
    And by the way
    Parašė DocentX Rodyti pranešimą
    I particularly enjoy this photo of Marshal Józef Piłsudski's statue. Surrounded by national flags it makes a deeply thrilling impression.

And our Warsaw is really beautiful in these pictures. Some buildings are just wonderful! I was in Warsaw only three times in my life but hope to change this situation
    Paskutinis taisė Elvus; 2008.06.26, 16:29.

Komentuoti:

• DocentX
    replied
    Parašė Neriukelis Rodyti pranešimą
    However, some explanations of these photos would be great
    Yes - You right - I will try to add some comments later.
    Basicly the tour is around so called Royal Route.

Komentuoti:

• Neriukelis
    replied
    Thank You very much, DocentX. Beautiful pictures of beautiful city
    However, some explanations of these photos would be great

Komentuoti:

• arun'
    replied
    am longing for Warsaw.
    thank you for beauteous pictures.

Komentuoti:

• liutass
    replied
    It's amazing how Warsaw turned into modern Western City in such a short period of time

Komentuoti:

• DocentX
    replied
    Parašė Rodyti pranešimą
    Simply beautiful. Thanks for shearing. Very interesting statues (as everything else).

Lithuanians should show this for "Akropolis" architects:
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6...6mediumry3.jpg
    I am glad You like it

Not the entire city looks like the parts which are presented above, but as You can see Warsaw it's not only skyscrapers and commie blocks, as some people are thinking

Komentuoti:

• Aš
    replied
    Simply beautiful. Thanks for shearing. Very interesting statues (as everything else).

Lithuanians should show this for "Akropolis" architects:
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6...6mediumry3.jpg

Komentuoti:

• DocentX
    pradėjo temą Warsaw by DocentX (2007) PART I

Warsaw by DocentX (2007) PART I

All photos taken during last week

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]