BY. Baltarusija / Belarus

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

BY. Baltarusija / Belarus

This wasn`t my first visit to Belarus. This time I visited capital city Minsk, Gomel city and Gomel region in the south east of the country. I haven`t much time for photograpghy though...

OSCE/ODIHR election observation mission HQ in hotel Belarus - highest building in the center of Minsk

Svisloch river and Sports Palace

Hotel district - hotels "Yubileinaja" and "Planeta"

Hotel Belarus from Hotel Yubileinaja

Poster "For "Belarus" - this administrative campaign started in autumn 2004, unofficially promoting leader of the country

Typical voter information point in the countryside

Typical "back to USSR" information stand

Rogachov town, Gomel region

Rogachov, local power centre and territorial election commission, I experienced some brainwashing there during election night and met Olympic champion (1972 Munich) Nikolay Gorbachev

Candidates, not in alphabetic order, opposition candidate is in the far right side

Odd entrance into the polling station; signs "bar", "toilet", "wardrobe"

Polling station in the quiet countryside, it`s not allowed to take any photos inside

Soviet style fast-food eatery

Commieblock for everyone

Lenin kolkhoz

Each town and village has a club of its own - this was a brand new one

Authoritarian leader himself

Day after, City of Gomel (2nd biggest in Belarus)

Milinkevich - opposition leader

Ministry of Information and Ministry of Culture

Central Minsk, view from hotel Belarus - Afghanistan memorial, Old Town (that`s what`s left from it after the WW2), Palace of the Republic, October square and presidential residence - all in one

Tent city in the October square - first hours of 80 hour long protest

Founder of the KGB - Felix Dzerzhinsky - there are hundreds and hundreds of Dzerzhinsky and Lenin monuments throughout Belarus

Luka loyalist government and puppet parliament HQ in the (Soviet Belarus) Independence square

Minsk City council in the same square, square itself and underground mall is under construction now

Heart of the Old town

Hotel Belarus and Svisloch river from the Old Town

Central Election commission HQ - police officers ordered to erase this photo...

Typical grand Stalinistic architecture from the 1950s, two central streets of Minsk are monuments to Soviet 1930-1960 monumentalism

Tent city

Information has become a place (NSA)

Kāpēc vairot sāpes ? Lai labāk vairojas prieks ! (K. Skalbe)

Terrible situation But the saddest thing is that Belarussian's people don't wanna any changes in there political life. Are they brainwashed or they just scared but if they would not want Luka go away in full-scale in all country then it will never happen and this is very very bad for belarus

Thaks for this thread Maris very not plesent photos at my opinion. I realize that I have to step over a border of lithuania in south and I will get my self into county wich is like lithuania was 20 year ago

P.S: You better make this kind of thread in section "Už sienos" ("Abroad")
    Paskutinis taisė Ežiukas; 2006.04.08, 13:00.

Mano Flickr nuotraukos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezziukas/sets/

--------------------------------------------------

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

Nia trэba mucic vodu, spadar Maris VX, kali laska.
      Hэta byli samyja dziamakratyčnyja vybary našaha prazydэnta Aliaksandra Ryhoroviča.
      Paskutinis taisė Romas; 2006.04.08, 15:54.

Comment

Well done, Maris, that was very interesting, thanks

As far as I understood, you were one of the elections observers? Could you please write more about what was realy happening there?
        Kaip po dykumą blaškiausi

Comment

yes, everyone is very interested in our neighbours and new president
          "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

- George W. Bush President of the USA

Comment

Pirmadienį važiuosiu į Minską ir aš. Tikiuosi bus laiko padaryt keletą kadrų.

Comment

Parašė Llinass
              Būk atsargus ten- KGB lietuvių su fotikais nemėgsta
              Nepaisant to- laukiam vaizdų

Comment

Parašė vytauc
                Būk atsargus ten- KGB lietuvių su fotikais nemėgsta
                Nepaisant to- laukiam vaizdų
                Prieš išsitraukiant fotiką reiks gerai apsidairyt ar Lukašenkos šnipai aplink nesitrainioja
                Paskutinis taisė Ežiukas; 2006.04.09, 00:18.

Comment

Parašė Llinass
                  Žiūrėk, kad nesupakuotų, praėjusį pavasarį teko ten būti, tai milicija teiravosi, ką fotografuoju, nors buvau tik kaip turistas ir ne Minske, o Vakarų Baltarusijoje, buvusioje LDK.

Comment

Liudy Dobray...

Comment

Parašė Linas
                      Žiūrėk, kad nesupakuotų, praėjusį pavasarį teko ten būti, tai milicija teiravosi, ką fotografuoju, nors buvau tik kaip turistas ir ne Minske, o Vakarų Baltarusijoje, buvusioje LDK.
                      Vidinėj kišenėj nešiosiuos Lukašenkos nuotrauką, jei ko paklaus tai išsitrauksiu ir sakysiu ja za Lukasenko

Comment

Parašė vytauc
                        Well done, Maris, that was very interesting, thanks

As far as I understood, you were one of the elections observers? Could you please write more about what was realy happening there?
                        Ačiū, Vytauc, this was my second OSCE/ODIHR observation mission in Belarus (just as observer I have visited Brest, Gomel, Kobrin, Rogachov, Minsk etc.). In fact, I am monitoring situation in Belarus every week, I also know many nice people there - president of our partner organisation is in prison for two years now. What I really enjoyed - my partner was a Lithuanian (OSCE observers always work in pairs), also with a good knowledge about Belarus.

Generally - people are scared to talk about Belarusian (not foreign) politics, space for business people is very limited and shrinking, there`s only few free papers left (printed in Smolensk - Nasha Niva and Narodnaja Volya), kolkhozs can survive because of subsidies, based on gas, oil, arms transit and reexport, and cheap prices for gas and oil (there are numbers of oil refineries and factories in Belarus, almost 30% of Russian oil and 20 % of Russian gas transit goes through Belarus etc.).

Comment

Parašė Maris VX
                          Ačiū, Vytauc, this was my second OSCE/ODIHR observation mission in Belarus (just as observer I have visited Brest, Gomel, Kobrin, Rogachov, Minsk etc.). In fact, I am monitoring situation in Belarus every week, I also know many nice people there - president of our partner organisation is in prison for two years now. What I really enjoyed - my partner was a Lithuanian (OSCE observers always work in pairs), also with a good knowledge about Belarus.

Generally - people are scared to talk about Belarusian (not foreign) politics, space for business people is very limited and shrinking, there`s only few free papers left (printed in Smolensk - Nasha Niva and Narodnaja Volya), kolkhozs can survive because of subsidies, based on gas, oil, arms transit and reexport, and cheap prices for gas and oil (there are numbers of oil refineries and factories in Belarus, almost 30% of Russian oil and 20 % of Russian gas transit goes through Belarus etc.).
                          Thanks, Maris, what you said is quite close to what I thought it was there

Comment

Quality thread, Maris. Thanks!
                            You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Comment

Parašė Linas

O kuri Baltarusijos dalis tavo manymu nepriklausė LDK ?
                              Parašas :)

Comment

Aciu, Svecias, jau norejau to paties paklausti...
                                Senoji Klaipėda
                                F.Nietzsche - "There are no facts, only interpretations."

Comment

/\ Gal omeny turėjo buvusias tarpukario Lietuvos žemes, bet ten nelabai vakarai, arba Jotvingių žemes.

Comment

Most likely, I will visit Karaliaučiai in less than two months (and will have more time for photography), so - new, interesting threads are coming soon !

Comment

Parašė Maris VX
                                      Most likely, I will visit Karaliaučiai in less than two months (and will have more time for photography), so - new, interesting threads are coming soon !
                                      Oh, Karaliaučius is a very interesting topic here
                                      Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Can't wait for the photos, Maris! You sure seem to travel a lot. Thanks for not forgetting us and showing us the pictures!

The historic German-Lithuanian-Polish town of Karaliaučius/Koenigsberg/Koroliewiec, illegally occupied by Russia is a very sensitive subject here, and the photos will be highly appreciated
                                        You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Comment

Working...
                                        X