NO. Trondheimas / Trondheim

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

NO. Trondheimas / Trondheim

Hi, my first thread at this forum. Many of you probably know me from ssc (Yes, its the same Christian as
    ssc), and i've been a member here before, but i have not posted her for a year or so i guess. Anyhow,
    this is Trondheim, the closest city to my little village Leksvik, which i live in.

Trondheim
    Sųr Trųndelag - Norway

Trondheim is a 1000 year old city in mid-Norway. The city has developed and become the third largest
    city in Norway with a population counting 154 351 (1.1.2004), but with over 170 000 in the metro
    area. Trondheim is well known city and a famous tourist attraction because of its unique history, the
    famous architecture especally its wooden houses and Nidarosdomen which is the largest and most
    impressive church in Scandinavia.

History:
    The city was founded by one of the greatest Scandinavian viking kings, Olav Tryggvason in 997.
    The name of the city was at that time Nidaros. In 1030 the viking king Olav den Hellige died in a battle
    known as The battle on Stiklestad which is about 50km northeast of the city. He was buried in Nidaros,
    and in 1070 they started to built the cathedral Nidarosdomen on his tomb. Nidaros soon grew to
    the largest city, and the most important city and became the first capitol of Norway. In the 11th,
    12th and 13th century Nidaros become a great power and ruled Norway, Greenland, Iceland, parts of
    Scotland, parts of Sweden, Faroe Islands, Orkney Islands and Shetland Islands. But then the black
    death came, and half the population died. Most of them was the educated people. So the glory dissapared
    and the city started a slow reconstruction which lasted intill the 16th century when the development
    speeded up again. But infamous fires ravaged the city in 1598, 1651, 1681, 1708, 1717 (two fires that
    year), 1742, 1788, 1841, and 1842. The fires in 1651 and 1681 destroyed over 90% of the city and led
    to a total reconstruction of the city.

Overview over downtown Trondheim with the fjord outside.

The caste, built in the 17th century.

Statue of Olav Trygvasson. Olav Trygvasson was a famous Norwegian viking king who established the city in 997.

Trondheim winter.

Northern light appare every week durning the night in the winter with clear sky.

A large stone building, the oldest building of Trondheim University(NTNU) who has over 20 000 students each year.

Old wooden buildings.

Old wooden buildings.

Kristiansten Festning, a fortres built in the 16th century on a hill with exellent view over downtown Trondheim.

From Tyholttårnet you have a wonderful 360 degree view over whole Trondheim and its surroundings.

Nidarosdomen, the largest church in Scandinavia. It was here one the greatest Scandinavian viking king was buried 1000 years ago.

From the old parts of the city:

One of the largest wooden buildings in the world.

From the modern part:

New hotel is rising. Trondheim is a large tourist attraction.

wow, great pictures Christian
    Thanks for the thread and welcome back

By the way, the Nidarosdomen church is really great

Comment

Nice city and nature.
      Thanks for pictures, Christian

Comment

Welcome, buddy Nice to see more and more people coming here from SSC And big thanks for those photos, I really like those towns fit in the specific landscape of Norway
        Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Thanks all!

Parašė Mantaz
          Nice to see more and more people coming here from SSC
          Thank alonso as well, he gave me the link to the english subforums here and wanted me to make some threads here.

Comment

again, Christian!

Thank you for this wonderful introduction to Trondheim. It looks like a very pleasant, livable city, beautifully situated and laid out along its many waterfronts. And of course I just love it that the buildings have such bold colors!

I hope you'll show us your Nidarosdomen as well.
            Originally Posted by

Comment

Nice pictures and city.

And welcome to Lithuanian soil

Comment

Not forgeting the Rossenborg

Comment

amazing town, Christian

Prie ruso man buvo geriau

Comment

Very nice town, I like especially panoramas, it seems to be so nice place!

Comment

Parašė Krakus
                      Very nice town, I like especially panoramas, it seems to be so nice place!
                      heh, you haven't seen my town yet

http://www.miestai.sutartis.net/tink...ead.php?t=1076

Comment

I've just seen it

Comment

Beautiful. Thanks for this thread, Christian!
                          You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Comment

Very nice Nordic city

Comment

Thanks for all these nice replies, and do not forget Rosenborg (the greatest Scandinavian football team) as Quack replies

Comment

Parašė Christian
                                Rosenborg (the greatest Scandinavian football team)
                                ikke glemm Bergen "Brann"

Comment

very nice cathedral and pictures
                                  "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

- George W. Bush President of the USA

Comment

FOTO
                                    Nieko nesupratau, bet patiko :blabla:

Comment

Nice city and photos
                                      You might surprise yourself.

Miestai.net FB

Comment

Paskutinis taisė LAZAS_; 2013.06.24, 10:30.

Comment

Working...
                                        X