[Italy] Few pics of Milan in Winter

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

[Italy] Few pics of Milan in Winter

So, since this section looks a bit more "Polish section" than Café International, let's change nation!

And since I'm Italian, I start with my home country, and with probably the most important city in Italy, but also one of the less attractive ones, Milan.

Here are just few pictures I took on the 30th of December when I went there for the Hospitalityclub-Taizé meeting.

Most of the pictures are from the Castello Sforzesco (the castle in the centre of Milan) and the Navigli (canals) district.

Enjoy the little tour!

Bonus picture: communists in Milan!

Thanks for photos,Karletas.
    P.S. It's very nice to see more and more people from abroad.

Comment

That canal looks and snow in it

ačiū for photos

Mano Flickr nuotraukos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezziukas/sets/

--------------------------------------------------

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

Parašė WILD_WEST
        Thanks for photos,Karletas.
        P.S. It's very nice to see more and more people from abroad.
        If you like I have some pics not from abroad too... like this one which I'm sure you appreciate!

Švyturys

Comment

Looks truly good It would be nice to have more threats about cities in Italy in our forum!!! I've visited this country ones and my memories are truly positive. Most of all I enjoyed San Marino and Venice... ah...charming

Comment

What is your thoughts about Lithuanian beer (alus) ? and in that pic I most love the poster near ship i'm lithuanian but still i never were in Klaipėda lazy me

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

I don't have many pictures of Italy, since I'm used to go abroad when I have some holidays (I'm a bit esterophile, I admit!).
              Anyway, I have tons of pictures of my hometown and the surroundings... and they are not nice place, they are wonderful, of course!

@ jozikas: I love Švyturys alus, but also other Lithuanian beers I drank were very good and incredibly cheap for our terrible Italian standards. I think Lithuanian beer is the best in the Baltic, and better than Polish ones as well... hoping the Poles won't read this thread!

And about the poster... look here (and don't kill me for the "soviet-style" title! )

Comment

Please post them if you can. I love Italy ,thanks for these photos . Its nice to hear that you enjoy Lithuanian beer !

Comment

Parašė Karletas
                  ...I think Lithuanian beer is the best in the Baltic, and better than Polish ones as well... hoping the Poles won't read this thread!
                  I absolutely agree wit your opinion

Comment

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/6ef36/6c780/

very warm word

Comment

Karletas...

Thanks for the photos.
                      You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Comment

Yeah, forum is getting more and more popular after a few reforms Nice to see pictures from Italy! Thank you, Karletas

Comment

Nicely put, Lietuvis!

I, too, am very happy for the newly introduced international flavor here and therefore welcome Karletas once again with joy and enthusiasm.

Thank you for the recent photos of Milano in winter!

The castle and park in the snow are quite a sight ... I visited the Castello Sforzesco and indeed large sections of Milan with Genius Loci (IT forumer @SCity) last summer, and every shadow cast by the castle walls and other buildings was welcome and precious to us: it was 36 degrees C!
                          Originally Posted by

Comment

Thanks a lot, waiting for more pics from Italy (especially if you have any from around Lago di Garda and Lago di Como)

BTW, about that poster, it sure reminds of the mid 20th century posters, but it doesn't look like anything Soviet at all The style is more similar to interwar Lithuanian or maybe German posters

Comment

Parašė Vaidas
                              Thanks a lot, waiting for more pics from Italy (especially if you have any from around Lago di Garda and Lago di Como)
                              Sorry, I really have no pics of mine from that part of Italy, honestly I must say I've never been there, if not just passing by (many times) going to Austria or Switzerland or just to the Alps in Italy.

I have mostly pictures from my region, Liguria, as well as some from Verona, Treviso and Venezia. I have pics of Vilnius too!

Comment

Parašė Karletas
                                If you like I have some pics not from abroad too... like this one which I'm sure you appreciate!

Švyturys
                                Great photo. How long ago you visited Klaipeda?

Comment

Send some photos of San Siro stadium, please

Comment

Parašė WILD_WEST
                                    Great photo. How long ago you visited Klaipeda?
                                    I was there in August 2004, I spent a couple of nights there, at the small hostel by the train/bus station (very friendly guy there, he gave us accomodation also with the hostel full, with some discount!); the main goal was to visit the Kuršių Nerijos Nacionalinis parkas, but I had a good time in Klaipeda as well, expecially at the great Jazz Club! And I always like cities by the sea!

@ tech: sorry I have no pics of San Siro, but you can find a lot of them on Google. The grass in the field is really bad these days, players were complaining a lot on wednesday night after the last football match. The same problem is here in Genova, at the Marassi stadium, the best one in Italy, with San Siro, to see a football match.

Comment

I'm very glad to hear, that you had a great time in Klaipeda. By the way was that Jazz Club called "Kurpiai"?

Comment

Yes, I think it's the Kurpiai, it's this one in my picture! Had a great dinner too, eating the beaver (and so saving a tree)!

Comment

Working...
                                        X