Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

My city in may

This thread is about may - my favourite month in a year - and my city
    The pics were taken mostly at the Barnaul's central street built up by the buildings from the Stalin's time (30's-50's). I like this kind of architecture in Barnaul though, it's different from the type of architecture in other cities - not monstrous, but pleasant.
    So almost no new buildings and merchant's architecture for today

View of the city

Old Market Area

City Administration Building [an example of XIX century architecture in Barnaul]

some pics from the early may, this year's spring was late

Some trees got haircut

Ferris Wheel at Sakharova Square

This special area with one of the oldest soviet district located in some distance from the central street and has buildings in worse condition.

This is something special, if the building to restore it could become an elite house to live in.

something new

Barnaul seems to be a very green city. Thanks for the tour
    Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

What a lovely photos, Siberian To be honest I've been expecting this thread Barnaul looks realy nice here despite some common problems of Russian cities- terrible outdoor advertizes and ugly looking above ground electricity and phone lines.
      Some buildings look very interesting- just need some facelift. And I like this photo very much- so symbolic
      Kaip po dykumą blaškiausi

Comment

Parašė Mantaz
        Barnaul seems to be a very green city. Thanks for the tour
        Yes, but hard to take a photo sometimes

Parašė vytauc
        What a lovely photos, Siberian To be honest I've been expecting this thread Barnaul looks realy nice here despite some common problems of Russian cities- terrible outdoor advertizes and ugly looking above ground electricity and phone lines.
        I agree, they're ugly

Parašė vytauc
        Some buildings look very interesting- just need some facelift. And I like this photo very much- so symbolic
        Aha

Comment

Spasibo Siberian. It's very interesting to see remote areas of Russia. I particularly like the quieter side streets that are very green and lined with older buildings.

Comment

Kažkaip norėtūsi daugiau kažkokios info, pvz kiek tam mieste gyventojų
            You might surprise yourself.

Miestai.net FB

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnaul

I like the advertisements personally, I think they liven up what would otherwise be quite bland streets. Barnaul looks curiously Asian despite the European architecture, and a lot greener than you would expect for a town in Siberia!

Comment

Parašė spirit
                Kažkaip norėtūsi daugiau kažkokios info, pvz kiek tam mieste gyventojų
                600tūkst.

Siberian, thanks for the photos The city looks really nice, but I couldn't say anything good about Barnaul trolleybuses - they are looking old, ugly and I guess they're uncomfortable

Westside is the best ! :jura:

Comment

Parašė Svajoklis
                  Barnaul looks curiously Asian despite the European architecture
                  I wouldn't say that. It looks different, but not Asian imho.

Parašė Edgaex
                  The city looks really nice, but I couldn't say anything good about Barnaul trolleybuses - they are looking old, ugly and I guess they're uncomfortable
                  Yes It's true. The trolleybuses and the trams are very old and uncomfortable. But many buses are OK. For example there are 6-7 doubledeckers in Barnaul (the german MANs)

Comment

Parašė Siberian
                    I wouldn't say that. It looks different, but not Asian imho.
                    Okay, I take that back -- it looks Eurasian! You can definitely tell it's not in Europe though!

Comment

Aciu so much, Siberian! Wonderful photos, and Barnaulas really does look great in May.

I had always wondered where the (to me) unusual shape of the decorative elements in for instance this new building in Barnaul (from another thread of yours) comes from:

Your pic of the fine old brick tower in the Old Market Area
                      [/quote] explains it quite clearly: it's an echo! Great traditional shape wonderfully reincorporated into a brand new building.

Some trees got haircut

[/QUOTE]

Lol! My husband, who is in the landscaping & gardening business, calls that "poodling." The trees get sort of shorn and shaved like a French poodle.
                      Originally Posted by

Comment

looks like a great and friendly city, great photos, thx!

Comment

Thanks to all for nice comments on my city!
                          Some fresh pics!!

Another skyline view

The pics were taken from the 5th floor of City-Center Mall through the glass

Dimitrova Street

Titanic

an art studio

a coffee house

old building and old Moskvich

some new constructions

a place in old town

an office builging

full moon finally...

Next week I will post the pics of Novosibirsk and Tomsk!

Comment

am I only one who can't see your new pics ?

Comment

O but how sad, L3W! That is truly unfortunate.

You are missing out on a lot because Siberian's photos are excellent and show a part of the world we usually don't get to see.

Perhaps you can try it again some time and be more lucky, I hope?

@Siberian: thank you for the new additons to the collection!
                              Originally Posted by

Comment

Probably the pics were temporarily inaccessible
                                Thanks WH, once again!

Comment

yeah finally it works!

Another nice photos, ty
                                  Can't wait to see Novosibirsk and Tomsk

Comment

Lovely photographs! I guess a lot of people don't realise that Siberia isn't snow-covered for 12 months of the year.

I like the sound of a city which turns sleepy in winter and comes to life in summer. I much prefer your continental climate over my crappy British one.

Comment

Parašė Pobbie Rarr
                                      I guess a lot of people don't realise that Siberia isn't snow-covered for 12 months of the year.
                                      Western propaganda?

Parašė Pobbie Rarr
                                      I like the sound of a city which turns sleepy in winter and comes to life in summer. I much prefer your continental climate over my crappy British one.
                                      Actually winter isn't a sleepy period. The real sleepy period is summer when most of people take vacations

Comment

Looks pretty nice. One thing you seriously have to do is renovate all those old buildings you have. Nothing wrong with modern architecture, but beautiful old buildings are where the soul of cities reside. I wish we hadn't demolished so many of them back in 60's here in Finland.

Comment

Working...
                                        X