I'm coming to Vilnius!!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

I'm coming to Vilnius!!! :)

Yes, that's right: my husband and I will be arriving in Vilnius in the early evening of May 11!

We'll be staying at the Grybas House Hotel and will be in town until May 15.

Is anyone up for a meet? I've already been in contact with some of you. We sure would enjoy your company! I can promise you that we don't bite, and that we won't be tough on you for your English. Quite the contrary: we admire you for having learned it so well!

Once we leave home our internet connections will become a bit iffy. That is, we can count on fairly stable online access until May 6, but then there's a deep, dark hole until we arrive in Vilnius on the 11th. I guess you can leave us a message at the hotel.

We'll be happy to hear from you!
    Paskutinis taisė Whose Homepage; 2008.05.12, 10:56.
    Originally Posted by

So sad I won't be able to join you, WH ... but have a very very very pleasant stay in Vilnius!

Comment

Aciu, Jonai! I'll miss you too.
      Originally Posted by

Comment

Nice to hear you are finally coming I should be staying in Vilnius by that time, so should be no problems for a meet
        Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Great, Mantai!!! We can't wait to see you again.
          Originally Posted by

Comment

It's a shame, cause on May 11 ill be in USA, Berkeley...
            Paskutinis taisė keen; 2008.04.28, 12:48.
            Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. It is that we are powerful beyond measure. Who are we to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented ? Actually, who are you not to be? As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Comment

That is unfortunate indeed, keen. Had i been here I'd gladly have taken you for a walk around the Campus and perhaps cooked you a nice dinner ...

Strange that we should be arriving in each other's home town on the same day!
              Originally Posted by

Comment

Not very safe these days in lithuania for foreigners But i hope you will have good time in Vilnius.

Comment

thanks D-Mason! That's not good to hear. We'll be extra careful.
                  Originally Posted by

Comment

Parašė D-Mason Rodyti pranešimą
                    Not very safe these days in lithuania for foreigners But i hope you will have good time in Vilnius.
                    If you don't belong to white race

To WH: I a bit changed my plans for Šiauliai so I'm gonna be in Vilnius on May 12 till 14 So it would be great to assist your company on one of this days

Mano Flickr nuotraukos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezziukas/sets/

--------------------------------------------------

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

Great!
                      Originally Posted by

Comment

It's true, we are really here now.

Do give us a call at (Vilnius) 2619695 or čšė 264 7474. We are in Room One.
                        Originally Posted by

Comment

WH what is your plans for this evening ?

Added : Please find message in your PM.
                          Paskutinis taisė Ežiukas; 2008.05.12, 11:50.

Mano Flickr nuotraukos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezziukas/sets/

--------------------------------------------------

Kiek rovė - neišrovė. Kiek skynė - nenuskynė. Todėl, kad tu - šventovė, todėl, kad tu - Tėvynė !!!

Comment

Nice to see you made it, WH
                            Will be waiting for more details after you're back.

Comment

Greetings, Jonai ir Eziukai!

We actually arrived in Lithuania last Thurdsay, May 8, arriving in Klaipeda via a ferry from Kiel. We then spent two glorious, sunny days on the Curonian Spit (staying in Juodkrante) and came to Vilnius by minibus yesterday afternoon.

This morning we took off for a walk, and we still have a ways to go until we get back to the hotel.

We saw a few churches (not as many as you and I saw together, Jonai and the Lower Castle and a stretch of Gedimino Prospektas. I must say I was a bit skeptical at the time you guys said they were going to gut the old Municipal Building and turn it into a mall. But now, having seen it, I must say they did a fantastic job!

Unfortunately we have no cell phone and only intermittent internet access (I'm in a place on Pilies Street at the moment). But I WILL call you once I have your number, so that we actually get to see each other!
                              Originally Posted by

Comment

Oh wow, you did quite a bit of traveling! How was the ride from Klaipeda to Vilnius (it's about 300km)? Was it smooth?

Anyway I'm glad you're having a good time. I have been away for too long and apart from what's on this forum, hardly got much of idea what's going on in Lithuania right now...

Comment

Oh, the trip was absolutely tolerable, Jonai. Not too long, but just about enough. The driver took a break in Kaunas, so we got a break too.

We had a couple of Svyturys with Eziukas last night and have a dinner date with 3 of you this evening. And please keep the rain away for a bit, OK?
                                  Originally Posted by

Comment

Nice to see you are enjoying your stay (not the best time for the weather though). Althaugh I am pretty busy with university stuff at the moment, I might find time to meet you tomorrow evening in case you don't have any specific plans to go away from Vilnius
                                    Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

You mean we might get to meet you yet again, Mantai?
                                      Originally Posted by

Comment

This post was actually done before I met you today, so will see how it goes tomorrow And of course, It was very nice to see you again
                                        Mano galerija Flickr'yje

Comment

Working...
                                        X