photos taken today

'Bankowy' square (Bank square)

'Saski' (Saxon) garden

Polish Army Day

'Pilsudskiego' square

'Ujazdowskie' avenue

Serbian embassy

Hungarian embassy

'Lazienkowska' road (one of the main arteries of Warsaw)

'Na rozdrozu' square

'Ujazdowski' castle - now Museum of Contemporary Art

some views

once more 'Ujazdowski' castle

monument of Polish King Jan III Sobieski

'Palace on the Water'

meanwhile soldiers moved near Lazienki Park

'Lazienki' Park

'Chopin' monument

'Pilsudski' monument

Belweder palace

Lublin Union square

'Szucha' avenue

Lithuanian embassy

Ukrainian embassy

'Lithuanian' street

Slovak embassy

'Marszalkowska' street

some photos from July

Wilanow Palace

'Nowy Swiat' (New World) street

'Foksal' steet

once more 'Nowy Swiat' street

'Jerozolimskie' avenue

'Chmielna' street

Warsaw University

'Krakowskie Przedmiescie' street

'Saski' (Saxon) garden

'Fredry' street

'Teatralny' (Theatre) square

'Senatorska' street

'Miodowa' (Honey) street

we are heading to the Old Town

'Zamkowy' (Castle) square

The Old Town walls

The Old Town

The New Town

Paskutinis taisė DocentX; 2006.08.15, 23:32.

Comment

Wonderful photos

I am just back from southern Poland too, I think I am about to create a new topic sometime soon. I visited a wonderful town of Jelenia Gora and had a trip to Snieska - an unbelievably high mountain (1600 meters) for Lithuanian
      BlogasSeulas 2009Honkongas 2012Bankokas 2012

Comment

Parašė Berliner
        Wonderful photos

I am just back from southern Poland too, I think I am about to create a new topic sometime soon. I visited a wonderful town of Jelenia Gora and had a trip to Snieska - an unbelievably high mountain (1600 meters) for Lithuanian
        I hope You like it

You should definately create the topic.

BTW I was spending my last New Years Eve in 'Karkonosze' mountains

Comment

Parašė DocentX
          I hope You like it

You should definately create the topic.

BTW I was spending my last New Years Eve in 'Karkonosze' mountains
          New Years Eve must have been fantastic in there. After this trip I really changed my opinion about Poland. Being a Lithuanian you see Poland as a transit country with terrible roads and a few big cities. So I definitely didn't expect to see such a wonderful nature in those mountains, moreover, the town of Karpacz (I think thats the name ) reminded more of Switzerland and DEFINITELY didn't look like Poland. Wonderful.

I will try to create the topic this week, if I don't succeed I guess you will have to wait till September.

Comment

Parašė Berliner
            New Years Eve must have been fantastic in there. After this trip I really changed my opinion about Poland.
            It was fantastic - we (I mean me and my friends) were spending most of the time in Kowary - small, beautiful, old historic town - not that popular among tourists like Karpacz or Szklarska Poreba.

Parašė Berliner
            So I definitely didn't expect to see such a wonderful nature in those mountains, moreover, the town of Karpacz (I think thats the name ) reminded more of Switzerland and DEFINITELY didn't look like Poland. Wonderful.
            Yes - Karpacz is beautifull - have You seen Wang church ? (the one that was brought from Norway).

And have You been to Zakopane in Tatra Mountains ?

This is excellent destination - sometimes a bit overcrowded, but the town itself is very nice and worth visiting and Tatra mountains are absolutely incredible.

Parašė Berliner
            Being a Lithuanian you see Poland as a transit country with terrible roads and a few big cities.
            I agree - roads in Poland are terrible, although it's changing, step by step , - this month another part of motorway (over 100 km) was opened

Comment

Parašė DocentX
              Yes - Karpacz is beautifull - have You seen Wang church ? (the one that was brought from Norway). And have You been to Zakopane in Tatra Mountains ?
              Unfortunately, I didn't see the Wang church - we didn't have enough time. And no, I haven't been to Zakopane. I should definitely visit it

After the visit to Karpacz I understood that we don't have enough information about Poland. I didn't know that Poland had such high mountains or such nice cities. Its kind of worrying, because Lithuania is very close to Poland and we still do not know enough about it. I would like a better national webpage or something...

I agree - roads in Poland are terrible, although it's changing, step by step , - this month another part of motorway (over 100 km) was opened
              The Motorway you mentioned is probably between Warsaw and some other city . We had to drive from Ketrzyn (Northern Poland) to Budzisko (PL-LT border). The road was TERRIBLE. We couldn't drive faster than 70 or 80 km/h because there were so many turnings - left, rigt, left, right. Lithuanian road a was much better - it wasn't much wider, but it was STRAIGHT. So you could safely drive at 100km/h or more.

Comment

Working...
              X