Collapse
X

• Filtrai
  • Laikas
  • Show
Clear All

Pilsudski bridge - some pictures from Krakow

It connects 2 historical districts: Kazimierz and Podgorze

The Krakow Pilsudski Bridge is named after Marshall Pilsudski, usually considered the father of Polish independence in 1918. The oldest existing bridge in Krakow (originally built 1933, re-built after the war); when constructed, it was the third one and so originally named ("The Third Bridge"). Very picturesque bridge. A typical for Krakow length of 150 m, and the typical 2-pillar construction. Width 19 m. Accommodates also the tram track. Nice views on maybe not the most interesting, but still picturesque Kazimierz district. Vistula looks a bit like a channel here.

frozen

pictures from: www.podgorze.pl

Very nice pics Thanks Krakai

Comment

great bridge and pics but I doubt if Lithuanins will enjoy its name

Comment

i was near the Pilsudski grave actualy, no not the grave but the heart is in rasos cementary, all the poles there, with the buses, and gides where flocking to this grave like new mecca, the candles colours (on the grave) were white and red everything was.... very interesting :-)
        "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

- George W. Bush President of the USA

Comment

Labai gražios nuotraukos.
          Bardzo ładne zdjęcia

Comment

A Beautiful bridge, and some very beautiful images.

Comment

The bridge is great, despite its name!
              You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Comment

Hehe I knew you (Lithuanians) wouldn't like its name

Comment

I love it ! It could be even bigger !
                  Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. It is that we are powerful beyond measure. Who are we to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented ? Actually, who are you not to be? As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Comment

that's why you posted it?

Prie ruso man buvo geriau

Comment

Parašė alonso
                      that's why you posted it?

You mean I knew you wouldnt like its name so I decided to post it? No! The name of the bridge isn't important. Pictures are worth posting so I posted them. I hope some of you enjoy and like them

Comment

Some pictures I found:

Comment

Parašė Krakus
                          You mean I knew you wouldnt like its name so I decided to post it? No! The name of the bridge isn't important. Pictures are worth posting so I posted them. I hope some of you enjoy and like them
                          oh, yes we really did especially, I like the construction of the bridge.

Prie ruso man buvo geriau

Comment

:cool:

Comment

Working...
                            X